Thread: I need help

Default I need help

What I am trying to make is a template for my router with a 5/8th bushing to ride in. Whaat it will be is two 5/8 inch holes about 3 to 3 1/2 inches apart with a 5/8 inch slot connecting them.. I have laid it out but can't figure out how to have the machine cut it all out. Pattern is includedslot.mpc

There are a bunch of ways to do this, but looking at your mpc, i think one of the easiest is to simply use the connected line lines tool to "complete" your rectangle, then select the rectangle and two circles, and make them peirced carve regions. Then you can select outline pattern, and finally apply the cut path to your newly created path. You could also just use your lines and circles as a guide to draw your own path... but a few clicks of the mouse is easier for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doug Fletcher

You can make the paths and assign a cut path. I did a project board where I cut overlapping 3/8 cut bits.

After I cut the board, I have a quick reference to real wood to machine settings. The expansion and contraction of the board with moisture must be looked at too....

You could draw the rectangles and assign the 1/8 inch bit. Set the depth to .1 inch and have the machine just outline the cut in wood. Once you adjust the size to something that will work, change it to a cut path.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I feel like a real idiot now. I can't believe that I couldn't figure out how to make this so thanks to all who have helped. But now the problem is that I think that It would be better if it were turned 90 degrees but I can't rotate the pattern that dbfletcher attached, so I make my own new one. When I go to carve it it is asking for both the 1/8 cutting bit and the 1/16 carving bits. Why.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Because there is a carve region. You can remove the carve region by clicking on that icon when the object is selected.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

duh!! Thank you very much. I think that it's time to quit tonight.

I think you can make overlapping rectangles and objects, make each one a carve region then outline it. Assign a cut path and delete the carve region.... While it is a carve region you might be able to rotate it too.... Or flip it....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com