View Poll Results: where did you buy your machine from?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carve wright factory

10 14.71%
  • Sears

39 57.35%
  • Amazon

4 5.88%
  • Ebay

7 10.29%
  • Lowe's

3 4.41%
  • NorthernTool.com

0 0%
  • Other and please post where

10 14.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sears vs CW

Default sears vs CW

Where is the best place to buy? where did you buy your machine? Would you buy it there again? Once i get my permanent total disability i get a little extra money i think and if i do i want to buy another machine and wonder where i should buy it. My first one was a comp u carve, but not sure which one to buy and where. when i bought mine sears would not sell me an extended warranty that would make a difference. Please let me know were you got your machine from.

Thanks for the help
    Tim

2. Default

Tim,
    I have two machines both bought from Sears. I am and have been very happy with them. I'm not sure if theres alot of pro's and con's between the two. I see your near Piketon. My first machine i actually ordered online and picked up there in Wheelersburg at the distribution center. I live outside of Portsmouth Ohio!
    www.twinpeaksenterprisesllc.com

"Premium, Kiln Dried, Dimensioned to your request, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Poplar, woods limited quanities"

Because of the extended warranty, Sears might be best

Default thanks

thanks for the comments and so glad to meet another southern Ohio person.
    Take care and nice to meet you.

Thanks
    Tim

5. Default

Wow did this thread die... ? I counted like 23 replys and theres like several thousand members... Anyways, same machine, same results! Awesome!
    www.twinpeaksenterprisesllc.com

"Premium, Kiln Dried, Dimensioned to your request, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, Poplar, woods limited quanities"

Default Ebay / LHR

I bought mine off Ebay, branded Compucarve/Sears, reconditioned by LHR - and it was shipped to me directly from LHR, but with no warranty given or implied. So I guess I should say "Compucarve" as answer to the poll?

Quote Originally Posted by mister_zed View Post
    I bought mine off Ebay, branded Compucarve/Sears, reconditioned by LHR - and it was shipped to me directly from LHR, but with no warranty given or implied. So I guess I should say "Compucarve" as answer to the poll?
    Thanks all of you for your answers. I really thought i would see more of them bought through LHR.
    I sure thought there was more than 35 machine sold, I know this is not important poll but it would be very interesting to see where you all got your machines from. thanks for all your help
    Tim

Default Sears Vs Cw

Bought my cw at kansas city wood show and at the time it was the first one in iowa . It was a beta machine. I bought new cw when it was approaching the warranty running out on beta machines.
    MAX COX

Thumbs up

I saved a lot of money by buying from sears. The frieght from here to TX was $208.00.... Sears shipped it for free.After my machine melted, Sears replaced it with a new machine.
    Woodchip

Quote Originally Posted by mister_zed View Post
    let me know how yours works. I too got mine on E-bay in Oct. 09 as factroy certified/rebuilt. I now wish I had bought mine new from sears with a 5 year warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast