Thread: Belts Tearing

1. Default Belts Tearing

Both of the sandpaper belts tore along the edge facing the display. I replaced the belts and started a new project and got an error message 316. When I took the wood out I found the belt on the left roller had a tear in the edge nearest the display. I have not been able to see anything that should cause the tearing.
    All help appreciated
    Thanks
    Richard

2. Default

Well folks found out what was causing my problem. Head pressure was around 140 # and was causing the belts to roll under and tear. CW doesn't tell that the handle clutch needs to be lubed as needed to control the head pressure. White Lith Grease. They helped me find the problem.
    Thought this might help someone else.

Thumbs up Traction Belts Tearing

Thanks Richard,

It hasn't happen to me ---Yet, but that's good info to know!
    Thanks for sharing the solution to the problem,
    it's something we can all add to our what if -- note book.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default tearing belts

I have the same problem. Replaced the belts and the belt in the front (with the display on the left} tore half way thru the project. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Can't find any thing causing this. Would the rubber belts help? I have a set here but don't want to put them on while I have the tearing problem. Help please.
    Last edited by bobtom; 01-28-2020 at 11:05 AM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by bobtom View Post
    I have the same problem. Replaced the belts and the belt in the front (with the display on the left} tore half way thru the project. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Can't find any thing causing this. Would the rubber belts help? I have a set here but don't want to put them on while I have the tearing problem. Help please.
    You said tore, so is it on the glued line separating? Did the corner of a board snag it? May just be old glue or head pressure is too high (with sandpaper belts should be 70-80).

When you put your heavy duty belts on, your head pressure should be 80-90. These won't tear or roll up, but you do need to keep the HP between 80 & 90.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!