Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "close the cover"

Default "close the cover"

Well tried to use my CW again, and guess what !! have a new problem (god I envy you out there that have so few problems with your machines !) just installed new HD belts on the machine, then I re-celebrated it without so much as a hic-up….wonderful !!!!
    I load in a new project 5 minutes after, I select the file to cut …..and…….it asked me to close the cover……ummm the cover is closed, tried it again ….same, same. I can hear the switch click when I close the cover. Any ideas out there ????
    As always……THANK YOU !!!!!

take the air to the SW on the KP side and blow

also follow the wire back to the CB and make sure it is in place

still dont work do a senor check pull up the door senor and watch it as the door is closed see what it does or does not do

You should also check where the cover wiring harness plugs in. It might have been bumped loose.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

{I can hear the switch click when I close the cover. Any ideas out there ????}

Isn't there two switches? Try holding them both in manually while doing a sensor check.
    thanks so much!
    karl

Quote Originally Posted by gashawk View Post
    {I can hear the switch click when I close the cover. Any ideas out there ????}

Isn't there two switches? Try holding them both in manually while doing a sensor check.
    there are two switches, but if you are facing the 'cover" side.. the one of the left causes the 'close cover" message. The switch on the right controls the cut motor.

Doug Fletcher

ya it's the switch CW is sending me a new one
    thank you all for the input

Quote Originally Posted by scamp62 View Post
    ya it's the switch CW is sending me a new one
    thank you all for the input
    You can just connect those two wires together to bypass the switch until you get a new one... just make sure you realize u r bypassing a safety feature

Doug Fletcher

Just In Case.... The Switch was GOOD....

The Tech may not have asked this.... White Wire to the Center? The plug can go in 2 ways... I know.... White wire to the keypad and all you get is "Close Cover"

I have posted this a dozen times, it should have come up when you did a search on "Close Cover"

I have been away with the FLu

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-02-2009 at 11:19 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Yap the tech had me shunt the 2 weirs on the switch, and presto !! all was fine !!
    But then I got a z truck error……….god this machine hates me, and I have treated it with love and care, rock chuck, HD belts, and a RingNeckBlue Dust Collector, and with less then 25hr on it !! I just want it to work………..

scamp62,

Consider yourself lucky. I bought a reconditioned CC from Sears. It took 6 weeks to get it and it was anything but reconditioned. Every time I worked on it, I found another problem....... parts missing, extra screw laying inside (?)..... I got it on Sept 17 and so far I've had 2 carves for a total of 3 hours. Want to trade??

I'm now waiting for Sears to call me to say they want to make a trade or I'll give the damn thing back and look for alternatives.

Chief

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast