Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodshop

Default Love it

the shop to lust after. must be able to sell his wares at a good price.
    His work must be great.
    I tell my wife i work on something for an hour and it takes me 3 hrs to cleanup and put back tools.
    never ending job.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

OCWD - obsessive compulsive woodworkers disease
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Quote Originally Posted by Old Salt View Post
    the shop to lust after. must be able to sell his wares at a good price.
    His work must be great.
    I tell my wife i work on something for an hour and it takes me 3 hrs to cleanup and put back tools.
    never ending job.
    Ok.. not to sound really stupid.. but what is "cleanup". I dont think I know that term..... But it sure sounds like something I would want to avoid!!!

Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    Ok.. not to sound really stupid.. but what is "cleanup". I dont think I know that term..... But it sure sounds like something I would want to avoid!!!

Doug Fletcher
    Hell if I dont put it on the floor I cant find it

5. Default

What nobody seems to realise is that this guy's only product is "shop organisation training videos". That's his stage where he shoots the videos...
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Default That dude has a lot of time...

Wow, nice to look at but he really must spend more time putting things away than producing anything... Nice setup and equipment though! I really like how all of his dust and air equipment is separated from the shop - must keep that in mind for future construction.
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Doug,

With the way that fellow has his shop set up, I doubt that he has too much cleaning afterwards, especially since he's a Festool fan. With a good DC, there wouldn't be much cleaning to do. And, with his collector outside of the shop proper, I bet there's a lot less noise than most of us suffer.

Chief

Default Dust Collector

If i put my dust collector outside to keep the garage quiet, the neighbors would really start complaining.

had one today that came over to see what the noise is in my garage most days. Then he saw some of the stuff i was working on and now he wants something for his daughters next project hi has to build...
    Mike

Mike,

Just build a couple of walls and a roof around your DC. You can get a sheet or two of a noise dampening board at HD or Lowe's. It'll bring the noise level down to where the neighbors aren't bothered by the noise and you're not bothered by the neighbors.

Chief

10. Default Wow

Gave me some great ideas for the shop... going to be a busy week this week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast