Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: projects for show!

Two more of many to come! These 2 are hot off the press and yes unfinished. I think I am getting this design thing down! I like it anyway!

Let me know what you all think?!

Ike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unfinished 002.JPG   unfinished 003.JPG   unfinished 007.JPG   unfinished 005.JPG  

Default Share???

Are those sharable patterns (MPC's)??? I like the frame a lot. Thanx!!
    Richard

If things improve with age, then I am
    approaching MAGNIFICENT!!

Using v.1.170

Ike,
    Those are nice. What did you make them out of? Love to see them when they've been finished.

Gordon

Hi Ike

Very nice! I really enjoy seeing the tree carved thanks, in my humble opinion I think your designing is excellent and improving on every project.
    I had a major hard drive crash about a week ago and I am just getting the new system I built, up and running and have been trying to catch up with the community, I see you have been busy, cool!
    Before I loaded up 1.153 on Windows 7, I came to the family to see what’s up and I realized again how much info is here I love this place.
    By the way the software loaded great and the licensing went great to, I think designer is running better then it was in XP – I am so happy.
    Cheers and cannot wait to see what else you have.
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Woodhacker View Post
    All the wildlife are commercial patterns, as forth to the frame I think it was a shared pattern I will do so research and if it was shared I will post the mpc.

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Bowengg View Post
    Ike,
    Those are nice. What did you make them out of? Love to see them when they've been finished.

Gordon
    Gorden I used redwood I have a sign shop and have a bunch of redwood mostly old growth! This was second growth but I used true 1" thick material to be able to get the true 3D.

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by RayTrek View Post
    Hi Ike

Very nice! I really enjoy seeing the tree carved thanks, in my humble opinion I think your designing is excellent and improving on every project.
    I had a major hard drive crash about a week ago and I am just getting the new system I built, up and running and have been trying to catch up with the community, I see you have been busy, cool!
    Before I loaded up 1.153 on Windows 7, I came to the family to see what’s up and I realized again how much info is here I love this place.
    By the way the software loaded great and the licensing went great to, I think designer is running better then it was in XP – I am so happy.
    Cheers and cannot wait to see what else you have.
    Ray
    Thank you so much Ray you have helped me so much and I have made several of your X-mas ornaments so you will recognized them !

Maybe I will try Windows 7 I am hoping to sell my 08 class A Fleetwood Terra LX 31 foot motor home with less then 6000 miles so I can buy a new laptop! with window 7! Sorry for the sales pitch!! Ah no I am not ! LOl

Still Ray I have learned so much from studying your projects and that you!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Woodhacker View Post
    Richard found the source and yes it is a shared file for the picture frame! Here is the link ..http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...=2046&page=188

Autobody shared it in a zip file in the pattern sharing thread page 188. If you have any problems with the zip let me know and I will post the mpc minus the wildlife scenes!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Hi Hess,

This is what my Sled looked like back when I did the carving last year,
    Hope it helps.

Extra 3 1/2" to 4" fillers at both ends and 3/4" wide rails plus,
    a couple dots of hot glue to hold the slab of wood in place.
    ok then you treat the rectangle as the whole carve area ?

Cool Beans thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Hess I don't use a sled! I made it look like an old slab of wood. This was a shared pattern so I think it is ok to re-post it.

The outside edge using the handy die grinder with a wire bush and then I torched it really well and did a gray color mix. Then Wire brushed again and torched!.

Ken yes I did make it a bit glossy! Next one will not be as glossy!

Ike
    Well cool! I have some slabs I need to use so need to make a sled thanks

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast