Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: projects for show!

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    You come up with very cool comics type projects, I bet the kids loved them! It is amazing what you can do when you learn the designer!

Ike
    They do, but I'm gonna have to do some Cat Woman, Wonder Woman, or some other super girl because my daughter is getting jealous...LOL

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

Quote Originally Posted by robbrigg2 View Post
    They do, but I'm gonna have to do some Cat Woman, Wonder Woman, or some other super girl because my daughter is getting jealous...LOL
    Ah to have young kids again! Oh wait I do! I two grand babies!

Ike

Ah to have young kids again! Oh wait I do! I two grand babies!

Ike
    Mine are the boy in the middle and the girl on the right (on my avatar).

Mine are the boy in the middle and the girl on the right (on my avatar).
    That is Lilly my oldest in my avatar, after reading about a member using a cutting board for a litho I want to try it to make a litho with my babies!

Ike

That is Lilly my oldest in my avatar, after reading about a member using a cutting board for a litho I want to try it to make a litho with my babies!

Ike
    Did you read my info on the 4x8 acrylic? It makes it cheap.... just an option but I know you will have fun either way...

Did you read my info on the 4x8 acrylic? It makes it cheap.... just an option but I know you will have fun either way...
    I did see that I will try the cutting board first until I get good !

Ike

Ike,
    From your photo, I must say you have lovely hands!
    As far as painting the carves, its very much a personal preference. Your and Rob's look great, but when I paint some of mine, they turn out looking like an old fossil! I prefer a natural to light stain over all, and maybe some highlighting with a contrasting stain, or a hint of color, like an acrylic wash. Guess I just like the wood grain more than my feeble painting.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by earlyrider View Post
    Ike,
    From your photo, I must say you have lovely hands!
    As far as painting the carves, its very much a personal preference. Your and Rob's look great, but when I paint some of mine, they turn out looking like an old fossil! I prefer a natural to light stain over all, and maybe some highlighting with a contrasting stain, or a hint of color, like an acrylic wash. Guess I just like the wood grain more than my feeble painting.
    Ron
    Ron thank you .....but those hands belong to my lovely wife!!! Lol I agree for somethings I like natural but wanted to paint this one! I did stain it first and didn't care for the way it looked. It was fun and kept me busy at the craft fair!

Phooey with the customers I will keep this one myself!!

Ike

Thanks again for the input it boils down to you never know? All I know is I enjoyed making the stage coach project and I am happy with it!

Ike

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910