Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Joy Tree - Project of the Month

Default POM Problem

Well, I downloaded the Joy Tree on the "optimal" setting and began carving on a great piece of oak. The attached picture is what I came up with after about 3 and a half hours. The only thing on the electrical circuit is the lights and the CW. Any ideas?

Gean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-015S.JPG  

Default Oh yeah!

I forgot to mention that I had taped extensions on the board for the correct length. The CW measured it correctly before starting.

Gean

Gean,

I see masking tape on the top of the board, but did you have it on the bottom as well? It looks like maybe the brass tracking wheel slipped a few times. Make sure the rubber O-ring is in place on that as well. Also check your head pressure as if it is too high it can cause this slipping/misfeeding as well.

Good luck,
    Craig

Default I Did

Yes, I did have masking tape on both top and bottom. The rubber o-ring is in place. It has been a little while since I checked the head pressure. Do you suppose that maybe there was a glitch on the internet download or maybe when I put it on the memory card? Will try it again with a piece of cheap pine this time. I really want to get at least one of these carved and finished for a Christmas present.

Gean

Gean,

I have carved three of them with no problem, it looks like something has slipped, not tracking right, did you get any errors? I have learned from Al, masking tape does wonders.

jack

Are you sure the board is square and has a straight edges, you may have the sliding square too tight against it and binding the board, making it slip at spots.

jack

Default Screen Saver

The board was cut square with good edges.

I've done several other carvings and haven't had this problem before. I remember that when I loaded it to the memory card, my screen saver kicked in in the middle of the load and may have somehow caused a blip. I'm going to erase it from the card and reload it.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll let you know in a few days if that corrected the problem.

Gean

8. Default

It looks like this board cupped. The highest point would be the center of the board, the lowest points being on edges and tips. That would explain the slipping even while using the masking tape to improve tracking abilities across the board tracking sensor.

I don't know the history of this board, but; I had a wide piece of oak, 11.3 X 35 inches display the same results after a carve. I cut my board the day before. I know it was straight at that time. I ran out of time and didn't use it until the following morning.

Overnight and during the following humid morning, the board cupped very badly. I didn't look for distortions in the board when I started the carve. I wish I had because the resulting carve was a disaster. I cut this board up and am using pieces as sled parts.

Bill...

Where can this pom be downloaded from?
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

While not yet listed, the POM is usually available here:

http://store.carvewright.com/home.ph...ction=0&page=1

but is available in the POM subscription. If you are not a subscriber, then there is a wait...
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast