Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Joy Tree - Project of the Month

Hi Michael,

Every project you design gives to us so much pleasure and learning Thanks again,
    Looks like this will be a lot of fun to carve.
    Ray

Thank you for the encouragement and kind words everyone! I hope you and yours will enjoy this project for many years to come!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael, if I give you my wife's e-mail address will you convince her to let me join the POM club! I did get her to let me buy the coin bank and trout clock! I can't wait for my new machine it was shipped today and I need to make projects for a local X-mas craft fair. I am going to make the projects and then sell them of course I will have a sign display! Something new for me!

I need ideas HELP!!!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Michael, if I give you my wife's e-mail address will you convince her to let me join the POM club! I did get her to let me buy the coin bank and trout clock! I can't wait for my new machine it was shipped today and I need to make projects for a local X-mas craft fair. I am going to make the projects and then sell them of course I will have a sign display! Something new for me!

I need ideas HELP!!!

Ike
    Hello Ike,

I'll do my best! Here's what I would say (if I were you, that is)...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You know, honey, I appreciate how frugal you are with the household finances. I don't know what I would do without you! I do have something on my mind that I want to run past you to see what you think.

Do you recall when you let me buy the Trout Clock project? It was a great value, even at the regular price of $65. But, you know what? If we had invested in the Project of the Month Subscription when it first started, we would have had that project, plus 11 more for just $55 more than what the single Trout Project cost us. In fact, if you figure it out, each project would have only cost us just $10 each if we had been subscribers!

I know you recognize a good deal when you see one, you've always been terrific at that! What do you think? Should we go ahead and sign up for the 12 month project subscription? The folks that signed up in the beginning have already saved over $400 as compared to buying each project individually. I just want to help us save some money, honey! Perhaps we won't want to do every project that comes included, but with the savings we'll have on the projects we do run, we'll still be way ahead of the game!

Oh, and by the way, if we sign up now, we'll get the new Joy Tree project to start us out with, plus a new project each month for the next 11 months! My goodness - who knows how much money we'll save on projects over this next year!"

Well - that's what I would say.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 10-29-2009 at 07:48 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Should we go ahead and sign up for the 12 month project subscription?

Michael,

All I got to say is man you are good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hello Ike,

I'll do my best! Here's what I would say (if I were you, that is)...

"You know, honey, I appreciate how frugal you are with the household finances. I don't know what I would do without you! I do have something on my mind that I want to run past you to see what you think.

Do you recall when you let me buy the Trout Clock project? It was a great value, even at the regular price of $65. But, you know what? If we had invested in the Project of the Month Subscription when it first started, we would have had that project, plus 11 more for just $55 more than what the single Trout Project cost us. In fact, if you figure it out, each project would have only cost us just $10 each if we had been subscribers!

I know you recognize a good deal when you see one, you've always been terrific at that! What do you think? Should we go ahead and sign up for the 12 month project subscription? The folks that signed up in the beginning have already saved over $400 as compared to buying each project individually. I just want to help us save some money, honey! Perhaps we won't want to do every project that comes included, but with the savings we'll have on the projects we do run, we'll still be way ahead of the game!

Oh, and by the way, if we sign up now, we'll get the new Joy Tree project to start us out with, plus a new project each month for the next 11 months! My goodness - who knows how much money we'll save on projects over this next year!"

Well - that's what I would say.
    Yes you are Michael! Did I mentioned 9 days ago were our 25th anniversary? Lol I am sure as soon as I open my mouth she will remind me of just buying another CC. Then she will say ok......... you know our financial situation and go ahead and do what you want.

That said sounds great I will, then this will follow then don't complain we don't have any money to go out to dinner and buy the extras like your K-cup coffee ....sigh but do what you want!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post

That said sounds great I will, then this will follow then don't complain we don't have any money to go out to dinner and buy the extras like your K-cup coffee ....sigh but do what you want!

Ike
    Hey Ike
    Just tell her that if you have two machines and the POM club, you won't have time to go out to dinner anyway. She will be understanding . LoL
    Gimme Steam.

Ok Michael she loves the joy tree and the leaf candy dishes, she said if we both to start I can join otherwise I have to wait until I make some more money!

In the store it shows the leaf candy dish so does it start with that project?

Ike

Ike,

For what it's worth i was the same as you, not a subscriber. But after buying a couple of the POM's from the store at $25-50+ (butterfly box $30, sleigh $50, keepsake box $40 etc) a piece I saw I was throwing away money. Once in a blue moon the project is something I cant really do anything with (trout clock, duck shelf) but it all comes out in the wash.

Some of these POMs are so nice they pay for the whole subscription cost in one. If you were selling these, you could probably make your money back with a batch of Autumn Leaf Candy Dishes or Joy Trees, both of which look like quick finish jobs.

Craig

I agree and so does the wife so if I can get that new CC deal I know my wife will let me buy the subscription!

Ike

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast