Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Joy Tree - Project of the Month

I hope it is a cupped board, I have had my machine do this and it was the Z motor. I had to replace the motor. I may be wrong but I had to check the plastic gears. Anyway if you are under warranty give CW a call.

Ike

Hello Gean,

I was looking at your pix real close and it does look like corrupt lines of logic in your upload, I have not seen this happen before, but it is possible. I would Format the firmware card and flash machine code 1.153 in flash manager then up load the project again next I would turn the board over and carve the back side if it is not cupped that is and give it a go hate to waste a nice piece of Oak.
    Let us know how it turns out.
    Ray

Default Redo

Ray,

I deleted it from my memory card, reloaded the whole thing into the designer software and then to the memory card. It's carving as I type this. The oak is actually three pieces that I planed and glued together. The grain matches so well that you can hardly tell that it isn't one large board. Will let everyone know how it carves.

Gean

Default Success!

Carved the JOY Tree after reloading it onto the memory card and it came out fine. I even used the backside of the oak board. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Gean

Gean,

Glad to hear you got it done. I have 2 carved that sanded up real nice - I hope to be able to play with getting some stain on them today....but we shall see what the honey do list looks like

Craig

Hi Gean,

To cool, Thanks for getting back to us, with a learning experience and success story.
    I have also carved the Joy tree and working on the finish I hope to see yours and Craig’s Posted here.
    Good day ~ Ray

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345