Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vista GUI.EXE stopped working?

GUI.exe is a carvewright executable. (GUI usually stands for Graphic User Interface)

Don't know if this will work, but try this. Go to C:Program files/Carvewright and find the file. Then right click on it choose properties, then go to compatibility, from the list choose Windows XP Service Pack 2. Close the dialog, restart your computer and see if that works.

It can't hurt anything.

Here's one more thing, try turning the Aeroglass graphics in Vista off. It uses graphic power big time, some programs automatically turn it off.

Here's another thought. You could copy or someone could send you the GUI.exe file from an old version and you could swap into program file. That might work, too.
    Last edited by Shacky; 10-29-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Lightbulb Blind squirrel gets acorn

I don't know why this worked but..I went into properties and changed compattibility to "Windows 98" and the program started working. Why it wouldn't work under "Windows XP SP2" will remain a mystery. At least I appear to be back in business. Thanks everyone for the help.

Default Vista GUI EXE stopped working

I got my MacBook OSX less than 2 years ago and it has been working fine... at least, until a few months ago. Suddenly the battery wouldnt charge anymore the computer has to be plugged in to work and around the same time, I could no longer see any Flash-based media. Ive downloaded Adobe Flash Player at least ten different times, and each time it has said to install. But it still hasnt worked I cant view Youtube videos, upload pictures on many websites or... well, do half of what I want to do online.

Did my computer just go crazy, or what? I have also installed all the Mac updates as they become available, so I dont know what Im doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I don't know why this worked but..I went into properties and changed compattibility to "Windows 98" and the program started working. Why it wouldn't work under "Windows XP SP2" will remain a mystery. At least I appear to be back in business. Thanks everyone for the help.
    Your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by preetrar73 View Post
    I got my MacBook OSX less than 2 years ago and it has been working fine... at least, until a few months ago. Suddenly the battery wouldnt charge anymore the computer has to be plugged in to work and around the same time, I could no longer see any Flash-based media. Ive downloaded Adobe Flash Player at least ten different times, and each time it has said to install. But it still hasnt worked I cant view Youtube videos, upload pictures on many websites or... well, do half of what I want to do online.

Did my computer just go crazy, or what? I have also installed all the Mac updates as they become available, so I dont know what Im doing wrong.
    I would buy a new battery and reinstall the OS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123