Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vista GUI.EXE stopped working?

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    Hesstx I go commando so no problem, panties were never in a wad, don't wear any..
    As long as the wife does not make you where hers!! Hate the wet spot lol

Unhappy Still no luck

I have tried reinstalling the motherboard chipset drivers, I have removed CW and reinstalled via vista install directions and still have the GUI.exe stopped working error. The strange thing is I can install CW via my old CD (ver 1.120) and it works. When I try to upgrade to 1.152 or 1.153 I start getting the error again. I have tried it by running the update from the CW site and by downloading it onto my PC and then running it. Any thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I have tried reinstalling the motherboard chipset drivers, I have removed CW and reinstalled via vista install directions and still have the GUI.exe stopped working error. The strange thing is I can install CW via my old CD (ver 1.120) and it works. When I try to upgrade to 1.152 or 1.153 I start getting the error again. I have tried it by running the update from the CW site and by downloading it onto my PC and then running it. Any thoughts??
    Just a thought if you have not done it. Run As admin and see what happens

This sound SOOO much like what I had a few months ago

Unhappy GUI error

I have tried as Administrator and had the same problem. I don't wish to dump my computer and have to reload all my programs just to get carvewright to work. There has to be an easier fix than that! But, thanks again for all the help so far. I'll keep trying stuff.

Just had a different problem, not related to carving with a PC I was setting up for my in-laws and suddenly on boot up got a 'corrupted xxx file'. Went to Microsoft and did a search and seem to remember something popping up about the GUI. Maybe you could give that a shot, who knows, may be something they fixed for a 'Service Pack" as they call them now. Know it seems strange when the older version of CC will run but nothing ventured?
    Good luck,
    Rick H

I have tried as Administrator and had the same problem. I don't wish to dump my computer and have to reload all my programs just to get carvewright to work. There has to be an easier fix than that! But, thanks again for all the help so far. I'll keep trying stuff.
    Let us know when you find out

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    Just had a different problem, not related to carving with a PC I was setting up for my in-laws and suddenly on boot up got a 'corrupted xxx file'. Went to Microsoft and did a search and seem to remember something popping up about the GUI. Maybe you could give that a shot, who knows, may be something they fixed for a 'Service Pack" as they call them now. Know it seems strange when the older version of CC will run but nothing ventured?
    Good luck,
    Rick H
    Rick you should be beat with a stick. No one looks at XXX files on the In laws PC no wonder you are having problems
    BTW Vista just did a service pack 2 upgrade on me took a while at high speed

Have you set rendering cache to 256 and turned hardware acceleration off?

Default GUI error

My GForce 8400 GS will not support a change to accelaration. How would I go about changing the rendering cache?

In the Design software try clicking edit, then click preferences and change the number.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast