Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dust collection

Darrin, Is the suction enough to hold the collector to the machine....
    I really like the way you set up the stand, think I will do that too.

By the way the dust collector we are using is only 650 cfm. and it holds the collector very well to the machine base, tomorrow I will try a wet vac.

Tom
    Custom Built Quilt Hangers and Quilt Racks.

Thanks PCW!

Hi Tom,

I didn't have an elbow like you so my hose really pulls upward on the collector, it wouldn't stay put. On the base where you place it, there were two little holes. I drilled them out and tapped them for 1/4-20 cap screws - they work well for hand tightening. You can see my ground wire for the DC going to one of them.

I can change bits without removing the hood by putting the allen-wrench inside the machine sideways where the y-truck moves back and forth. Thanks for a great dust hood plan! I built the stand with a slot in the bottom and a plenum underneath but need to get a y-connector before I can get that going...

The machine is bolted to the table so that you can tilt it onto the wheels and roll it around. I also put foam rubber pads under the DC base plate because it was causing a fair bit of vibration in the stand.

One more thing, for anybody who may be considering the Rock Chuck..... Don't hesitate. This one vital piece makes such a difference, it's like the last piece in a puzzle - it's just not complete without it. Thanks Ron!
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Default Updated pictures

Of my DC-Insert are now up on my web site..

Here is a couple of them..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3361 (Large).jpg   100_3360 (Large).jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Of my DC-Insert are now up on my web site..

Here is a couple of them..
    And they looked so good I just ordered one. Really!
    Cheers,
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA
    Printer, Zymurgist, Carvehead
    Machine One - Version B, Carvetight upgrade and a Ringneck Blues Dust collector www.ringneckblues.com
    Machine Two - 5th Anniversary Version C, Rubber Belts and a Ringneck Blues Blues Dust collector

Bill,

Thanks for the order!! Guess I had better check my emial and get busy!!1

Thanks again!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Bill,

Thanks for the order!! Guess I had better check my emial and get busy!!1

Thanks again!!
    Got it today and decided to try a lithophane using the cheapo cutting board from Lowes material.
    Floyd, Your dust collection hood sucks! It is pulling the chips out so fast I can't even see it. 15 minutes into the carve and the CW is as clean as when it started.
    AWESOME! THANK YOU!
    Cheers,
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA
    Printer, Zymurgist, Carvehead
    Machine One - Version B, Carvetight upgrade and a Ringneck Blues Dust collector www.ringneckblues.com
    Machine Two - 5th Anniversary Version C, Rubber Belts and a Ringneck Blues Blues Dust collector

Quote Originally Posted by BBrooks View Post
    Got it today and decided to try a lithophane using the cheapo cutting board from Lowes material.
    Floyd, Your dust collection hood sucks! It is pulling the chips out so fast I can't even see it. 15 minutes into the carve and the CW is as clean as when it started.
    AWESOME! THANK YOU!
    Cheers,
    Bill,

Thanks for the sucking review!!

Glad to see that you got it today, been checking USP info and glad to know their delivery is faster than their system.

Thanks again for the order and the great review!!

PS: I did have a request when I first started making these for a clear window in the insert so they could watch the dust being sucked up. Told the guy he was still addicted to watching the carving head go back and forth!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Exclamation Floyd's Updraft Dust Collector SUCKS!!!

Floyd,

Just installed the DC hood and it really sucks. Very nice workmanship and does a amazingly good job of sucking. Another satisfied customer.

Good Job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PCW View Post
    Floyd,

Just installed the DC hood and it really sucks. Very nice workmanship and does a amazingly good job of sucking. Another satisfied customer.

Good Job!!!
    HEHEHE!! LOL!!

Dan,

Thanks for great comments!! and the order. Glad to hear it is sucking it up for you!!

Thanks again!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Got my DC insert from Floyd on Friday and my $99 dust collector from Harbor Freight on Saturday.

I am VERY pleased with the results. The difference in the amount of airborne dust and sawdust is amazing. No more stopping the project to suck out piles of saw dust.

Also, I had a question or two for Floyd after purchase and he was right there for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast