Thread: Dust collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dust collection

Just received my dust collector from Floyd Harris of Ring Neck Blues Designs and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!. Great job Floyd. Now between the ROCK and the DC insert I am really enjoying my machine. God has blessed thes two men with a great talent and they have in turn passed it on to us . Thanks again and I hope my machine stays as happy as I am. Joe.

got mine installed yesterday and it works great! Thanks Floyd. You da man!
    Question.... is it recommended to tape up the slot on the bottom of the CW or should I leave it open?
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    got mine installed yesterday and it works great! Thanks Floyd. You da man!
    Question.... is it recommended to tape up the slot on the bottom of the CW or should I leave it open?
    Jerry,

Glad you got the insert all installed along with getting your dust collector. Glad to hear you really like it!

I would leave the bottom slot open to get the added benefit. to do this you will need a Y connection from your dust collector with a hose going to the down draft port and the other to the insert. Also install a gate valve on each then you can adjust the air flow to each.

Thanks for ordering the insert!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

How about some detail pictures please.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post

AL
    If I take some pics with my camera phone where can I put them up to so I can then attach and show here? Flikr maybe? Never done it before so I'm just trying to see what's a good site.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    If I take some pics with my camera phone where can I put them up to so I can then attach and show here? Flikr maybe? Never done it before so I'm just trying to see what's a good site.
    You can attach the photos here, using the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Additional Options Section" when you make your post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Additional Options.gif  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post

AL
    Al,

Are you asking for some pictures from those with the insert and their set up or from me???
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I was looking for some pictures of the unit and of the unit installed to learn from your design choice and weight the merits of purchasing 2 units from you or making 2 of my own design.

I am still dragging around my idea of making a collection shoe that attach's to the truck and is tethered to the center of the machine and the hose dragged left and right sucking up chips at the source....

I think a more conservative design around a shoe would let my dust collection be more effective letting me collect from 3 machines on one 2 HP collector. With my design I tried collecting from 2 machines at the same time and got poor results...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle joe's woodworx View Post
    Just received my dust collector from Floyd Harris of Ring Neck Blues Designs and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!. Great job Floyd. Now between the ROCK and the DC insert I am really enjoying my machine. God has blessed thes two men with a great talent and they have in turn passed it on to us . Thanks again and I hope my machine stays as happy as I am. Joe.
    Joe,

Glad to see that you got the insert and that it is working as planned for you. Also thanks for the great comments! Being placed along side of Ron and the Rock is a true honor but maybe a little bit of a streach..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright