Thread: Sensor Errors

Unhappy Sensor Errors

I have had my machine for a couple years but only run the motor for 33 hrs 14minutes. I have been trying to use it for 100+hours. The recent problem is that I am getting sensor errors. I pay special attention to the quality of material so there is not any frayed pieces being used. Is this common for a machine that has been used so little? This problem is on top of having to replace belts and the motor. If I need a new one, is it going to be worth it?

Alsom I spoke with one of your representives at a convention who said "he was not suprised that I was having problems and that they are pretty common". I didn't bother getting his name.

What type of sensor errors are you seeing?
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Oh Also WELCOME to the forum.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

In my opinion it is worth replacing any parts that need it....

If it is a older machine, the first thing I would do is invest into the New Z Bundle Upgrade. It replaces the Z Motor, a flat cable and Circuit board. The older Z used thinner wires and it was found that the new heavier wires let more current flow and you get less Z Stalls.

The NEW Board Sensors have glue around the circuit board preventing dust from getting into it. Dust inside the lens causes low readings and check board sensor errors.

Ron Justice, a member here has developed a ROCK Chuck that replaces the QC and Bit Holders. The Machine will run smoother and less vibration...

We are talking about $250.00 +- in modifications that will bring your machine up to current standards and give you more error free carving time.

Good Luck and Welcome.

I have 4 machines and as you use it more and have problems you can always write me or call me for repair advice. LHR has started a Pay for Advice program. You can ALWAYS get FREE answers here.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com