Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reconditioned Compucarve

Default Reconditioned Compucarve

I am considering buying a reconditioned Compucarve from sears. I bought a new one about a year ago for my school but want to get one for myself at home. I get mixed reviews from Sears.com for the reconditioned unit. Has anyone here purchansed a reconditioned one? What is the warrantee on a recon?
    Bob Campbell
    Farmington Central High School
    Industrial Techology Teacher
    Using v1.185
    Build 10343

Default ebay

I saw on ebay there is a seller [DEAL-MONGER] that claims to be directly thru Carvewright and offers Carvewright warranty. As for a used machine, it might be pretty hard to get a warranty covered by Carvewright?? As with most warranties, they only cover original owners. The Carvewright I saw comes with the scanning probe. $1249.00

Arrow ebay

just noticed that it is thru sears and it should be covered, you should go for the five year warranty if you can

Quote Originally Posted by want2learn View Post
    just noticed that it is thru sears and it should be covered, you should go for the five year warranty if you can
    sears does not offer the extended warranty on the reconditioned units and they only have a 90 warranty. I think the reconditioned units are great if you need a second one (or third or fourth) as you should be familiar with problems and how to fix them by the time you need another

Default Reconditioned for 899 including shipping

I purchased a reconditioned CompuCarve for 899.00 free shipping at Sears.

The machine works great!

Definitely lube that flex shaft. I tried the machine and after 5 minutes the flex cable started to melt. I stopped, lubed it up over night. Hung it upside down for a day(a lot dripped off) and then installed it. The flex cable is never hot at all now. Why the company does not pre-lube is beyond me.

Other than that the reconditioned unit looks new, runs new and I am very happy saving so much money. I get no vibration in the handle at all, none(still ordered a Rock chuck though).

If you purchase a re-conditioned unit you MUST read everything you can. I had a few errors and knew exactly what to do. If I had not read up I would have been very frustrated and can see how so many get the unit and ruin it.

I would rather save the money and order the parts as needed than spend an additional 800.00-1000.00 up front(simply did not have the money anyway) PLUS a warranty costing near 300.00 just to send the unit in for weeks. More times then not it does not come back repaired correctly anyway. To me most of this unit is easily repaired and saving so much money, even if I put a 1000.00 into later, I would be spending no more than anyone purchasing new. And I have a great chance of never putting that much money into the machine!

At 899.99 free ship even with a 90 day warranty I suggest it is the way to go, at least it was for me. The warranty is over rated in my eyes. I am so glad I ignored the naysayers and got this unit! Actually, I just talked to my guy at Sears. The warranty is 6 months on the reconditioned units, even though they may not state that fact in all areas and many online info says 90 days. He also sent me a link to another 10% off, that's darn near only 800.00 for the unit(if the rebate actually works)!
    Last edited by seabass; 10-15-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    The warranty is over rated in my eyes.
    Probably, but so is life insurance.

Default No Warranty!!!

Hi Bob,
    I teach middle school and purchased two recons and so far so good on them. There is no warranty on reconditioned units .

Mike Berndt
    Davisville Middle School
    North Kingstown, RI
    Mabco12

Default just got one. it says no warrenty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmaul1964 View Post
    I am considering buying a reconditioned Compucarve from sears. I bought a new one about a year ago for my school but want to get one for myself at home. I get mixed reviews from Sears.com for the reconditioned unit. Has anyone here purchansed a reconditioned one? What is the warrantee on a recon?
    I just got one, it says you are on your own!! I have carved a few different things, so far so good.

Default Sears

I seen they have a 6 mo.s warr. on them
    Jack of all trades ,master of none, but if you got a job, I'll git-er-done.

http://theswamper.tripod.com/

Its a hard decision. I have been seesawing back and forth myself for quite some time. 1000 for a lemon or 2000 for brand new with a warranty. I think that most of us are skilled enough to fix whatever happens to it, but there is always that time when you have to wait on parts. That sucks! But there could be good dividends by buying the cheaper one. Who knows?
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast