Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autumn Leaf Wooden Dishes

Nice looking Michael..got love the stl importer makes modeling things exact..very easy...using to make some small furniture items I designed in 3d so far all the mortise and tenons go together perfectly and size exact.. will post results when finished waiting on x drive gears
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Nice looking Michael..got love the stl importer makes modeling things exact..very easy...using to make some small furniture items I designed in 3d so far all the mortise and tenons go together perfectly and size exact.. will post results when finished waiting on x drive gears
    Sounds great, John - can't wait to see your method of creating the mortise and tenons, as well as the furniture items themselves!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael,

For the mortise and tenon joint when modeling I factor in the 1/8 inch for the cutting bit when cutting the mortise and tenon. Was a bit of a mind teaser at first but now getting used to factoring it in..reqires a little clean up but not much..probably faster by hand..just wanted to see how exact you can model something with the stl importer.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12