Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas is Coming....

Jason is the site down? I tried the link and it would let me enter.

Ike

I havent been able to get to the site for the last couple weeks now.

Kinda of miss being able to check out site
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

I just tried the link, and it worked for me?
    Ray

4. Default Worked

For Me....... here is the entire link http://cncartguild.forumotion.net/sc...r-t259.htm#618
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 10-03-2009 at 11:50 AM.

5. Default Repost Part 1

We were actually discussion using a piece of software to make keychain patterns for use with the CarveWright - but this is how I import scroll saw images as well.... hope this helps.

Step One: Download the software

Step Two:
    Type in the name that you want to cut

Step Three:
    Because there is no save option in the software - you are going to need to take a screen shot and edit the name out in your image editing software

Step Four: Save the image and then import it into Designer

NOTE: as you import the image "Lower" it in the impoter to get rid of the background - just leaving the keychain itself.

6. Default Repost Part 2

Five: Once you have the image saved in Desinger - the rest is kind of an experiment. Some of the images can be placed directly on the board and will cut fine - some need a little fine tuning in the Pattern Editor.

If Designer won't let you cut the image out then double click on it and open it the Pattern Editor. Once you have it open in the Pattern Editor - click on "Filter" - select "Smooth" and set it to 10 - click OK. Now take the "eye dropper" and select the empty background - then select (or delete) the green areas from around your design. (this is making the spaces between the letters just a little larger)

When you finish editing it then select "File" then "Save Pattern to Library"

Step Six: Place the images on your board the way you would like it....

Step Seven: Right click on your image and select "Outline Pattern(s)" - when you have your outline highlighted you will see the "cut out" or "saw" icon lit up (hopefully - if not repeat step 5) if it is lit up then click on it and set up your cut out

NOTE: it is very impotant that you delete the original image from your Pattern.... it will make some funny cuts if you don't.

7. Default Repost Part 3

Hope this helps, Jason

Very cool Jason! This forum is so great we have so many talented members that I appreciate that they share with us! Thank you Jason and of course Micheal and Al and the list goes on and on!

Ike

PS the new link worked great!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedWoodshop View Post
    For Me....... here is the entire link http://cncartguild.forumotion.net/sc...r-t259.htm#618

Not so much the link...Ive visited the site numerous times and had it saved as a favorite and used the favorite numerous times....wasnt until the last couple weeks its not connecting to that site for me. Cant figure it out just yet. Not receiving any errors just wont connect to it.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

10. Default Connect

Like you can't get to it at all - or just the link that you ahve saved isn't working......

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast