Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas is Coming....

Default Christmas Ornaments

Way to much fun!
    Hope you don’t mind if I post my last year’s ornaments project.
    Five patterns are ones that I have and not sure what ones I have posted here, so in the spirit of giving here is the MPC, for those with older Ver. Of software I did not upgrade the file to 1.153 so it is what ever I was using last year.
    Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails christmas2008_03mpc .jpg   2008 gifts.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RayTrek View Post
    Way to much fun!
    Five patterns are ones that I have and not sure what ones I have posted here, so in the spirit of giving here is the MPC, for those with older Ver. Of software I did not upgrade the file to 1.153 so it is what ever I was using last year.
    Ray
    So Ray, if I outline each pattern on the board and select the cutout, can I just use the standard 1/8 cutting bit?
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Good question JerryB, The answer is yes, but with some outlines removed.
    I will use the sock as an example; When you out line it you will see many outlines and also it will not give you a cut path option because it can not cut with the 1/8” cutting bit, open up your carving list and you will see all the paths click on the top one and shift/click on the second to last one and delete those. The path you have left should be the outside of pattern and can now be cut. Another note is you may want to flip the cut path and add taps and you should not need to set max path depth if you are using ½” board. The Santa dish has the same work around with only one path that will not cut. Please be sure to add 7” to real board
    Hope this helps
    Ray using Ver.1.153

Quote Originally Posted by RayTrek View Post
    Way to much fun!
    Ray
    What type of wood did you use for these? I just finished a carve in a Oak piece that I had and it was OK, but didn't really give me very good detail (used Best). You think Pine would work better? I really like the ornaments and want to make a bunch. Hope you have more! hint hint
    Thanks for the mpc
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

5. Default I used....

hard maple on mine and they turned out great......

6. Default Scroll saw snowflake

Cut out of 1/8th inch baltic birch and then painted white... then we painted on glitter glue.

Hi Jason, and Jerry
    Jason, the ones you have done are assume, I sure do like the optimal carvings for the detail on smaller patterns, and less clean up after carve, hard maple is a little hard for me to get around these part’s, so the projects in the pix are in poplar but I have some select/Craft pine that I hope to carve tomorrow, these are gifts that I pass out every year to close friend’s and family it has been fun for all of us.
    Jerry, the detail is probably still in there but you will have some handwork I find Oak a little hard to work with sometimes do to the nature of its grains put simple, but that is just my thought, I have some great carves in oak so I am not saying naught to use it.
    I will post some pictures and MPC and a little more explanation, over at the (Arts Guild) when I can get around to carving it, will post here as well,
    Talk soon ~Ray

Jason, you put one in while I was typing, another great pattern, A family member dropped all my bits and the 1/16” cutting bit was one that did not make it I need to get one with all these great patterns you have worked on

8. Default Patterns

there are about 20 more snowfalkes (different) and when I get tehm converted to MPCs I will post tehm. Get that bit, you're going to need it.

Jason,

Do you convert them by hand or with Software?

Thanks,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

10. Default The Only Software...

that I use is the software that is available to use with my CarveWright.

This is a link to a tutorial that I wrote up on the CNC Art Guild Forum... This forum would not allow me to repost it with 9 images, so here is the link.

CLICK HERE

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast