Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas is Coming....

I would also like to thank Jason, for opening up this subject and sharing the great designs and the how to create them.
    Also would like to thank AL, you have shown us all that if you work hard at something and put the time in you will succeed, and to never stop learning new possibilities.
    Cheers to you both ~Ray

2. Default More Ornaments....

Well I did an 8.5 hour carve - 5 Christmas ornaments in a piece of hard maple, using the pierced feature (I really didn't want to have to sand them or cut them out) also set the quality to optimal. We'll see how they come out.

I removed the tabs so that you guys could see the ornaments easier....

These are all patterns that I have gotten off of the this Forum and I want to say Thank You to whomever posted them.... I am trying to make enough ornaments to fill my Christmas Tree. So If you follow along with this thread - there will be more, promise you that. Some will be carved like these and some will be scroll saw patterns converted for use with the CarveWright. I even have a Tree Topper project that we are going to do.

Here is the MPC file for this set. http://www.mediafire.com/file/yqedmizoeek/ornaments 234.mpc

Well they came out pretty good - now all they need is paint.... the fun part.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Thank you little Red Woodshop for posting the link to the patterns cut by the 1/16 bit.

To make them, do you manually trace them or do you auto trace them?

As for the bits, I got my bit from Johnson Plastic, but I wanted to get some from LHR too and try them.

The topic of Roto Zip bits have come up and I don't recommend them as they are not carbide and can BEND and that little offset tip will beat the machine to death.

Don't know if Ron has them.

AL
    Hi AL,
    I assume that you are talking about the 1/16 cut out bits. What flute length is necessary? I am sure that i can add them to what i offer on line...

Thanks,

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

LittleRedWoodshop-

That's very cool! Just so I am clear, was that pattern cut out with the regular 1/16 carving bit or with the 1/16 cutout bit everyone keeps referring to for the scrollsaw patterns?

Thanks,
    Craig

5. Default Bit

The bit that I use is the 1/16th cutting bit that is speciafied for the CarveWright machine. I do not have a Rock Chuck. Thank you all for the compliments.
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 09-28-2009 at 09:36 PM.

Unfortunately, that doesnt clear it up. is it a straight bit or tapered? LHR sells both 1/16 carving bit (tapered) and a 1/16 cutting bit (no taper).

Doug Fletcher

Doug,

If you are talking about the scroll saw patterns of Jason's, the bit is the 1/16" cut out bit.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

8. Default Bits

The 1/16th Cutting bit is straight and made for material no thicker than .258. The 1/16th Carving bit is tapered and is made for carving - depth .89.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I have another purchase in my near future for a 1/16 cutting bit...does it ever end

Thanks,
    Craig

10. Default It's the best.....

25 bucks I've spent in a long time.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast