Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sept. 09 Newsletter

The new chuck, if of a good design like Ron's, is a great announcement.

Keeping a US company in business is also a good thing. Now, along with the fee based support, I would hope that the consumer would have a chance to resolve their issues with a good centralized database of documents and how to's.. We have built up this information ourselves and have access to what we need BUT I do remember how difficult it was when I first started out. That should NOT BE too much to ask.

I also would love to see them go towards US based parts companies that used US manufactored parts.

Just my 2 bits..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Default New Software upgrade

I have a project already to download (or upload) to the flashcard.
    Will the new software 1.53, be changed on that already existing project.
    It involves cutouts.

Only if you download and install the update BEFORE you use the project (and re-save it with the new update). If you upload it now to your memory card before you update, not it will not. Personally, I am going to wait to hear from others on this new update. It seems that there are always problems with their updates.
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Default Phone support

So what exactly is considered as phone support? Lets say I have to call in to order a part, does it cost me $25.00 in addition to the cost of the part? Now lets say I have to buy a new computer and I load all my Carvewright software on the new computer, now my BIOS has changed which would make the software inoperable, so I have to call in so they can update the information to make the software useable, does this also cost me $25.00? Can someone explain to me what is being considered as phone support?
    Mark
    www.pineacreswoodshop.com
    Home of Thorpe Custom Acoustic Guitars and Baddass Electrics

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345