Thread: 3D Lake Maps

1. Default 3D Lake Maps

Has anyone made a 3D Lake Map with the Carvewright? If so please help... Really Junior Member...

Short answer, it can be done.

Longer answer - the topo would have to be manipulated in another program to get the 3d effect you want.

Designer reads heights by color - lighter to darker. Each depth on the topo would have to be made a deeper grey color to carve deeper.

See the attached - a simple topo that was imported into Designer - the levels show, but aren't carved any deeper than the others - only the lines around the levels.

Make sense?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Noname.jpg   Noname2.jpg  
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

3. Default 3DMap

Thank you...I will try and figure this out and post when I do...

Default Topos

Wintopo has a freeware program.

Keep us posted as I've been toying with the same idea for a while, just no time...one thing I did find out is that you'll have to look at each contour line and close any gaps and make it thick enough to fill without the fill color "pouring" through.

My interest started when I saw 3d reliefs of the Great Lakes in a bar called Matey's in Michigan City, IN. $1100 will get you one.

sw
    It's all about the XYZ baby!

Default lake map

I took a satilite picture of the lake we fish in Min improted it and carved it in good 12 ply plwood came out looking good . the color of the water is darker the deeper it is . Not perfect but good for fishing .
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

You can try downloading DEM's (Digital Elevation Models) and using a prgram that will export it out as a greyscale image.

http://data.geocomm.com/dem/
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"