Thread: walnut haul

Default walnut haul

here are some pictures of some walnut i bought this weekend for 1.50/bd ft.
    the guy has had this in storage since 1999 and was alittle dusty and waterstained but after a trip through the planer im really happy with what came out.

185 bf ft for 287.50. unbelieveable.

im grinning from ear to ear.

kendall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 009.jpg   Picture 010.jpg   Picture 011.jpg  
    no chips on the floor means no money in the bank

Score! That's a nice buy. I like it that some of it is live edge, you can do some nice carvings with that.
    Mark
    www.pineacreswoodshop.com
    Home of Thorpe Custom Acoustic Guitars and Baddass Electrics

Some days you feel like the windshield instead of the fly, ain't a bad feeling! Great deal, looks like you've now got to come up with some projects befitting the suddenly available product. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Rick H

my wife wants a bedroom set so it look like that might be what this gets used for. i also bought some 5/4 walnut from another guy two weeks ago along with his almost new mortiser. i got 80 bd ft of walnut in this buy for about 2.50 a bd ft and thought that was a deal never to happen again until i ran into this deal.

i have some pieces about 10" wide that all look identical(cut from the same log) that i can use for drawer fronts and some other pieces that i can book match to make panels.

cant wait to get started on this project. i dont think there will be a lot of carving on this project but both of my carvers will be busy with other projects and i can work on this one also.

ill post pictures when i get each piece done

kendall
    no chips on the floor means no money in the bank

Man... I don't know how to tell you this, but you're never going to be able to make any ikea-style furniture with that mess... I'll tell you what... I'll trade you some nice flat MDF and will dispose of that "wood" for you...

...no no, no need to thank me... it's the least I can do....

Nice haul, stonkin' great price... and it looks like it may even be air dried... which with walnut is no small deal...

Lawrence