Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Z Axis Stall 308

Actually sounds like a decent workaround. Thanks AL
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

Default Its ALIVE!!!!

Check out link

Worked it and was able to get rid of the 308 error.

Looking for those that know the machine inside and out to see if their interested in receiving the motor I removed to look and see if it was actually the encoder. Im clueless on what to look for on that but would hopefully help others out in solving this 308 error.

http://cncartguild.forumotion.net/tr...l-308-t187.htm
    TK Designs

Default Great news

That you got it fixed and that my W.A.G. helped you out!!!

Thanks for the update!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Hello all! I am the lucky recipient of Badger's machine. I have gotten it home and after an epic battle removing the QC (I think Badger had dipped it in loctite ) I got the RC installed and tried to do a quick test carve.

Everything seems to go well until it assks me to "jog to touch position" which I do and press start. Then it goes to Zero then and does the up/down thing. However, when it goes to the touch postion, it goes down and the bit hits the board and I get the Z Axis Stall Error 308 again.

I have cleaned what I think is the sensor on the bottom of the Z Truck and raised the bit as far into the RC Sleeve as I dare and I still get it.

I am a total newbie here so the more detail and/or pictures you could provide would certainly be appreciated. i.e.
    That No mans land on the rails between the bearings is most likely the problem... You need to push a rag between the upper and lower Z bearing and clean the speed bump off your rails..... Then rotate each bearing 100% and wipe it clean too...

Next clean the Z Belt and all the cogs of the upper and lower pulley.
    is probably crystal clear to most of you but I have only the faintest idea of where the rag should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zap View Post
    (I think Badger had dipped it in loctite

lol... sorry bout that buddy
    TK Designs

Everything seems to go well until it assks me to "jog to touch position" which I do and press start.
    We figured that out, pressed stay under rollers instead of selecting not to.

Hes gonna level the head first and then see what happens.
    TK Designs

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

Great idea to get everything all squared up and level before you start up!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Gotten further:

I leveled the head asembly and while I am still getting an occasional stall I have gottten two small carves out of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0672-small.jpg  

Gotten further:

I leveled the head asembly and while I am still getting an occasional stall I have gottten two small carves out of it.
    Small steps but it sounds like you are making forward progress. Thanks for the update and keep us posted..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

Hmmm - I don't know what the "stay under rollers" has to do with the "jog to touch" prompt. Actually, it sounds like someone set your machine option to always prompt you for a manual jog to touch (i.e., that option may be turned ON for some reason). If that's the case, you can turn it OFF by going into your User Options (0), (keypad #5) and toggling the Jog to Touch ON/OFF (keypad #1)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast