Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "equipment tree"

Default "equipment tree"

I know this is nowhere near the stuff that some are putting out here. I am simply amazed at some of the stuff coming out of HTO, LG, DW, LRW, and others, But I thought I wood share this. It is an equipment tree to place field equipment on when not in use for Army personnel. It hold a helmet on top, and then a load bearing vest or body armor is slung over the cross like a hanger. The carved patterns are all the badges the Soldier has. I don't want to tell you what it could double as for a soldier. Hope you enjoy, I know I enjoyed making it. Thanks very much to BJBethke for all the help with the patterns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Equipment tree 1.jpg   Equipment tree 2.jpg   Equipment tree 3.jpg  

Default Wow!

That looks great! I spent several years in Lawton welcome to the forum and again great job!
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

What a great project! Very nicely done!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Very nice, JD.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Thumbs up tree

don't take the back seat for that !
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Really great looking piece JD. A shame to cover it with the equipment.
    Cheers,
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA
    Printer, Zymurgist, Carvehead
    Machine One - Version B, Carvetight upgrade and a Ringneck Blues Dust collector www.ringneckblues.com
    Machine Two - 5th Anniversary Version C, Rubber Belts and a Ringneck Blues Blues Dust collector

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    I don't want to tell you what it could double as for a soldier. Hope you enjoy, I know I enjoyed making it. Thanks very much to BJBethke for all the help with the patterns.
    I fully understand why you don't want to tell us, as I know exactly what you are talking about. This piece actually serves two purposes: a tree to hang equipment, and a monument to a fallen soldier.

See the resemblance?

Excellent project JDPratt. Brings a tear to my eye, as I have lost a couple friends that way.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    I know this is nowhere near the stuff that some are putting out here. I am simply amazed at some of the stuff coming out of HTO, LG, DW, LRW, and others, But I thought I wood share this. It is an equipment tree to place field equipment on when not in use for Army personnel. It hold a helmet on top, and then a load bearing vest or body armor is slung over the cross like a hanger. The carved patterns are all the badges the Soldier has. I don't want to tell you what it could double as for a soldier. Hope you enjoy, I know I enjoyed making it. Thanks very much to BJBethke for all the help with the patterns.
    Looks great JD. I too was stationed in Lawton many moons ago... 214 FA Brigade (with a bunch of Canon cockers!)
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Default cross

I used one both times in Iraq. They never looked that good. And a COL??

It is very nice.

Jerry B. 1st and 17tn fa long time ago also. Again great job!
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast