Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are Favorites??

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Alford View Post
    Hey Bud, it's kind of late at night to fiddle around with videos.

Can you just answer my question, Please??? If you have an answer. I would appreciate it.
    In the Designer double click on the pattern, if you made the pattern it will open in the pattern editor. The other way is open the MPW for that pattern. If it is not your PTN you can not change or modify it.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Thank you guys for your help, problem solved.

Another question. In the tips and Tricks, it states that you can open 7 different graphic files in Editor from the "Open File" dialog box. How?? There are no graphic files listed in mine. How do you open a plain graphic file??
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Ok, stupid question. I have used Pattern Editor before (been awhile) and I know I did it back then, but for the life of me I can't find the folder on my computer where the favorites are located. I thought it was c:/ProgramFiles/CarveWright but there is nothing there. Help!!
    The MPN files are stored in the Documents folder, not the Program file.
    C:\Documents and Settings\ (your name)\CarveWright

You can not open these files; if you try to open it will add an extra file in your Designer Favorites.

I have two different MPN folders in mine, they are getting large and this slows the Designer. Large files take a long time to load. I need to remove them; I save these on a CD if I need them again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MPN files.jpg  

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

Got It. I finally found them awhile ago. Can you answer my question? How do you open a graphic file, like a .bmp or a .gif???
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Thank you guys for your help, problem solved.

Another question. In the tips and Tricks, it states that you can open 7 different graphic files in Editor from the "Open File" dialog box. How?? There are no graphic files listed in mine. How do you open a plain graphic file??
    You could in the past, now the only way is to use the Import (Import image file...)

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

So that means that you have to make a pattern out of your graphic file first then go back and double click on the pattern to open it up in Editor just to erase the background. Again, how stupid!!! Why not be able to open the graphic in pattern Editor, erase the background, do all the other neat things Editor does to a graphic and then save it as a pattern. They kind of have this Editor thing a$$ backwards, don't they??
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

So that means that you have to make a pattern out of your graphic file first then go back and double click on the pattern to open it up in Editor just to erase the background. Again, how stupid!!! Why not be able to open the graphic in pattern Editor, erase the background, do all the other neat things Editor does to a graphic and then save it as a pattern. They kind of have this Editor thing a$$ backwards, don't they??
    No you can open the image into the pattern editor first, but you need to open the Pattern Editor first, then when you are in the PE use the Import function. In the past if you were in an Image folder in the documents folder and used "OPEN With" and clicked "gui" it would auto open the PE and load the image, if you do that now you get an error. I think that was a backward move. I now need to use three extra "clicks" to make it work.

I first Posted this;
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...t=11084&page=2

post # 5 (4/06/2009)

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11084

post # 17

On 07-10-2009 (cmorlier "CW Staff") States they have no plans to correct this??? (Post #16)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails open gui.jpg  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 08-16-2009 at 01:29 AM.

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

Thanks for that clarification.
    I see, said the blind man!!
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Type *.jpg (or other file type, as desired) in the filename field and press enter.

Seems weird to me too!

OK, newbie needs help(LOTS). I have some pics that I want to play with. How do I open patern editor first in order to start working with them?

Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    No you can open the image into the pattern editor first, but you need to open the Pattern Editor first, then when you are in the PE use the Import function. In the past if you were in an Image folder in the documents folder and used "OPEN With" and clicked "gui" it would auto open the PE and load the image, if you do that now you get an error. I think that was a backward move. I now need to use three extra "clicks" to make it work.

I first Posted this;
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...t=11084&page=2

post # 5 (4/06/2009)

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11084

post # 17

On 07-10-2009 (cmorlier "CW Staff") States they have no plans to correct this??? (Post #16)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast