Thread: Help With Pattern Editor

Default Help With Pattern Editor

I have read the Tips and Tricks explanation from the Pattern Editor but I am totally loss. I am not trying to use the scanner. What I want to do is take a jpg file such as a logo and make it into a pattern.

When going to the Patter Editor I then import the file to edit an I unalbe to make any changes.

Please be kind and give me a simple explanation of how to take a file and change it to a pattern.

I was around when computers first came out but some where along the line I got passed by.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tanks,

David

Default Editing

Quote Originally Posted by 7777david View Post
    I have read the Tips and Tricks explanation from the Pattern Editor but I am totally loss. I am not trying to use the scanner. What I want to do is take a jpg file such as a logo and make it into a pattern.

When going to the Patter Editor I then import the file to edit an I unalbe to make any changes.

Please be kind and give me a simple explanation of how to take a file and change it to a pattern.

I was around when computers first came out but some where along the line I got passed by.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tanks,

David
    See if these two lessons do you some good.
    AskBud
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...0an%20Item.zip

http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...n%20Editor.zip
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default double click on the patter

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    I do it step by step and when I get to the double clicking of the file it does not oper the pattern editor. I have many times. Please help

Thanks,

David

I do it step by step and when I get to the double clicking of the file it does not oper the pattern editor. I have many times. Please help

Thanks,

David
    I found that I can import the file through the pattern editor but there is no way to edit the lower or raise function.

David

I found that I can import the file through the pattern editor but there is no way to edit the lower or raise function.

David
    David,

Did you try going to filter/raise and lower in Pattern Editor?

Quote Originally Posted by PCW View Post
    David,

Did you try going to filter/raise and lower in Pattern Editor?
    No. I don't know what I would do with out the help of the members of the forum.

Thank you very much for your help.

David

beckwood Guest

Default Help

I am trying to carve a picture of my sick grandson and can not get it to look real good, I have tryed using the tips printed in August 2008 and do not get a good carving can someone help me so I can give this to his mother.

Thank You
    Beckwood

Quote Originally Posted by beckwood View Post
    I am trying to carve a picture of my sick grandson and can not get it to look real good, I have tryed using the tips printed in August 2008 and do not get a good carving can someone help me so I can give this to his mother.

Thank You
    Beckwood
    First welcome to the forum. Pictures in wood can be very hard sometimes and some pictures may never look right if you are doing a photo though they come out great carved in corian and are not that hard and very forgiving (do a search on lithophanes) If you are still wanting help in wood it would be best to upload your project so we can see what you have so far then every one will be more than happy to help or tell you where to look for more info. If its just a matter of getting more familiar with software try all the tips and tricks there is tons of info on here.If you have a specific question fill free to ask. Also check post #2 above Bud has some really good videos he has spent a lot of time on.
    Last edited by eromran; 08-22-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed