Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: z axis 308

1. Default

Originally the probe did plug into the spindle. The Pc board behind the spindle was usually one of the first things to break on a new machine. LHR does not support this any longer. If you plug into the spindle and it is working.... good for you. Just know that when it no longer works you will have to go with the new Z.

If you have either old or new z and the probe is plugged into the cover BUT the options are set to spindle, your probe will crash. Make sure the options are set to "cover" on the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMCOSBY View Post
    the old style that plugs into the truck and have no problems.
    what version of designer are you using? maybe i need to go back a few on my second computer.

Default i'm on 1.34

but just upgraded. havent done anything with 1.52 yet but did notice that the favorite pattern group didnt disapear like it used to.

well, i tried going back to a previous version and same thing. looks like I need to upgrade to the new ztruck.

Default thers a way to test

the probe to see if its getting contact. somewhere in the menu on the keypad. could be a wire pinched.

got the new z bundle pack installed and it is recognizing the probe. jogged to top left corner and confirmed. probe doesn't go down and touch jig. even when I go to set max depth, nothing. any ideas? I am getting closer but still can't scan. anyone run into this? thanks. Rick

ok, got the new z bundle and still doing the same thing. even if i go to set depth, i get nothing. wires are all good.any other ideas before i call lhr?

I had the same error 308, gave the machine to a friend in Texas and he finally got it fixed after someone suggested to check the zmotor encoder. He blew out the area and it started working again and as of yesterday he still is carving.

Didnt have anything to do with the probe that I was aware of more the encoder.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=12542
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

my machine carves just fine. it only happens when I use the probe. Thanks for the input though. I will have to open up the probe again and see what's going on.

The probe still uses the zmotor though which includes the encoder in the back of the motor. Just putting it out there.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast