Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: z axis 308

Default z axis 308

I haven't been able to find a thread on this problem. I have used my scanning probe maybe 3 or four times. it checks the corners and when it begins to scan the probe goes straight down and gives me a z axis stall error 308. do i need to open up the probe? I put a piece of plywood on the scanning jig to set the height and the probe tip buries itself into the plywood and actually lifts the plywood off. I am also using the rock chuck but i don't think that should affect the probe.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rickyz View Post
    I haven't been able to find a thread on this problem. I have used my scanning probe maybe 3 or four times. it checks the corners and when it begins to scan the probe goes straight down and gives me a z axis stall error 308. do i need to open up the probe? I put a piece of plywood on the scanning jig to set the height and the probe tip buries itself into the plywood and actually lifts the plywood off. I am also using the rock chuck but i don't think that should affect the probe.
    wow that was weird just sent a reply and it disappeared when it posted

any way was getting some Stall errors took the probe about and clean all contacts then used DE grease on them all much better

I set my depth with a wood shim stock

I took the probe apart. and applied the grease and cleaned it up, I will try it and see how it goes. Thank you.

Even fingerprints on the contact areas will cause problems as the oil in the finger prints act like an insulator. Clean but then don't touch....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-06-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

tried the probe again, still doing the same thing. anyone else ever have this problem? the probe lets me set the corner to corner then when it says proceed to scan, the probe just goes straight down and then stops with error 308 z axis stall. used a shim to set the depth and the tip buries itself into the wood.

6. Default

Go back to the basics.

Make sure you have the new Z bundle.
    Make sure the probe is plugged into the cover near the keypad.
    Make sure to set probe options on the machine to "cover".
    Make sure the FFC cable is plugged in properly and no nicks or broken conductors on it.

Default cover or z-truck

Make sure to set probe options on the machine to "cover".

Thats what gaveme the same error, when i formatted the card or upgraded to a new version...the option went to the z-truck and burried itself into the wood....lucky it was pine...
    Twoatlow8

ok, might be on to something. I don't have the new z bundle. have the old one with the plug jack on the ztruck. it doesn't recognize the probe except when plugged in to the connector on the side with the cable. even though it gives me the option to have the connection on the ztruck instead of cover. so what is the new z bundle going to cost me? is there any work around?

9. Default

The last one I bought was $40. But LHR has been raising prices almost daily, so I don't know what it would be now.

Default i'm using

the old style that plugs into the truck and have no problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast