Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting Tool vs. Using Router.

That's my wife when I buy a new tool!
    Mark
    www.pineacreswoodshop.com
    Home of Thorpe Custom Acoustic Guitars and Baddass Electrics

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    You can always use the CW to cut a pattern that you can use on a router table. I was making the Wine and Quilt Racks the first year and had the CW cut the art and the square holes for the rails. Then I cut a pattern on the CW and used the drill function to put a 1/8 inch hole in the center of the block area. Made blocks that I just dropped the board over and off to the router table with a bushing.

It would take about 30 min of cutting time to cut out a wine rack, or 2 min on the table. Save the machine for the hard stuff.

This Quilt and Wine pattern are in the Project Thread along with the clocks I do. 100% free.

AL
    Al, I am very interested in doing just what you say. I am in the process of making some Karate Belt Racks in mass and would greatly love to use the router to do the cut out after the carve... can you help me with understanding how I do this. I figure things out rather well... but when I am in a crunch as I am I stick with what I know works. I don't have a lot of router experience (though I do have a good Craftsman and table) only done edges, but I would like to learn how to do this....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12