Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baroque Corner Shelf POM

Hello All,

So sorry you're having issues with the latest POM files! The project was laid out using 1.150 and I carved/cut my own using 1.150 as well, so I'm not sure why the files won't open for you.

The PDF problem is also a mystery, as it opens up fine at my end - of course I do have the original, so it's not really an accurate "test" just because I can open it. I'd like to get a copy of the one that was setup for mass distribution and see if I experience the same issues (the Korean "thing" and missing pages!).

I'll contact CarveWright today and see if they can help determine where the problem occurred and make the necessary corrections.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and am very anxious to get things sorted out for you ASAP!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Baroque Corner Shelf

Michael,

same problems, will not load and no page 4

jack

Quote Originally Posted by jjack9485 View Post
    Michael,

same problems, will not load and no page 4

jack
    Hello Jack - is page 4 the only one missing? ...or are you missing page 2 as well (some others reported 2 and 4 were not showing up).

I've looked at page 2 and 4 in the original master file before the pdf was generated. One thing those two pages have in common is that I used fraction symbols that are not very commonly used...i.e., on page 2, I used a "1/3" fraction symbol...on page 4, I used a "3/8" fraction symbol.

I am beginning to suspect that the page issues may be connected to the use of those symbols - they were from the standard Windows Character Map in the Arial font listing and show up as "Arial Unicode MS (Normal) (KOR)". That KOR in the description might be the "Korean" error some have reported!!
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 08-03-2009 at 08:44 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

i'm missing page 4 got page 2 and can't bring mpc's up!

Thumbs down

If you install the Korean fonts page 2 and 4 will open - will at least it did for me, but I cannot open the project files, error says "File was written by a newer version of the software"

Quote Originally Posted by weberts View Post
    If you install the Korean fonts page 2 and 4 will open - will at least it did for me, but I cannot open the project files, error says "File was written by a newer version of the software"
    OK, that seems to be the issue - why a fraction symbol is "Korean", I don't know! However, installing the Korean "font" when prompted does solve the problem apparently.

However, I have changed the master file so that it doesn't have any so-called "Korean fonts" and regenerated a new pdf so that it will (hopefully) fix the issue for good.

I will provide CarveWright with the new pdf. I'm just waiting for them to open so I can talk to a Tech. I still don't know why the mpc's won't open UNLESS the mpc's were converted at the CarveWright end to coincide with the latest release of a newer Designer version that is forthcoming. I'll ask.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

What about those of us that still use 1.132? I don't want to go to 1.150 yet!
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    What about those of us that still use 1.132? I don't want to go to 1.150 yet!
    Hi Steve,

I should probably let the CarveWright techs address this, but it is my understanding that all projects and mpc's are converted to work with the very most recent versions of the CarveWright System. So - even though I may create something on an older version, it will be converted to the most current version before distribution.

Now, having said that, you can certainly keep your older version running on your computer (you won't be able to run current projects or open current mpc's, though). There are other methods of keeping an older version active, but I simply start up Windows Explorer and copy the CarveWright directory (in Program Files), then paste it immediately right back into the Program Files directory - it will then be renamed to "Copy of CarveWright" - I rename that to include the version number of the copy so I can keep track of which version it really is. I also create a new shortcut on the Desktop that points to the gui.exe file in the "Copy of CarveWright 1.xxx" Once you have a copy, you can then update to the most current version without overwriting the older one.

It is also my understanding that the next update to 1.15x will feature a few bug fixes and will be available soon. BTW, the current POM was created and run with 1.150 with absolutely no problems, but I am guessing that my 1.150 files may have been converted to a newer version in anticipation of the upcoming update. I'm still checking on that.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Default Missing?

I am also missing page 4. Waiting for the go ahead will re download when ready.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

If you are using the latest Adobe Reader 9, it should tell you that you need an update. The updater will then install the fonts needed. That's the way it worked on my machine with Vista Home Premium and having the latest Reader installed.

Michael, Thanks for the info. I understand your position. I do not agree with CW's position of "If you want it then you must use the latest software" mentality UNLESS the project requires a feature that is in the new software! So far, I have not seen that requirement posted. After MANY years of testing software for very complicated systems (Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and others) I have learned NOT to jump on the latest version until the Undocumented Features (ie: Bugs) have been worked out. This will be a MAJOR part of my renewal decision when my subscription runs out.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast