Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baroque Corner Shelf POM

Default Baroque Corner Shelf POM

Hello,

The latest POM (Project of the Month) is the "Baroque Corner Shelf".

This is to provide a few details beforehand so subscribers will have time to "gather" the materials, etc. if they want to do this project.

Turn a plain corner in your home into a focal point with this corner shelf project featuring a classic Baroque-style scrolled design! The two quarter-circle shelves provide a nice way to exhibit decorative items of all kinds. The assembled project dimensions are about 12½" wide x 9" deep x 28" tall.

Main items you will need:

1) The 3 Project Files (included)
    LEFT_Side.mpc
    RIGHT_Side.mpc
    Shelf_Shapes.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:

LEFT Side: .75" x 11" x 36"
    RIGHT Side: .75" x 11" x 36"
    Shelves (1 board): .75" x 9.25" x 22"

3) Thirteen 1" or 1¼" long #6 Wood Screws, picture wire and a couple small screws

4) Sandpaper, hand drill or drill press, wood stain and/or paint and clear finish

5) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details and speed up preparation for finishing.

(NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above, or if you are using a sled, you can subtract 7" from the length of each board and have the sled provide the extra 7" required)

Here’s what I used on my Baroque Corner Shelf made from Select Pine wood:

Finish Details:
    One very light coat of thinned Bullseye Sealcoat
    (2 parts sealer/3 parts Denatured alcohol)

Sanded again with fine sandpaper and 3M wheels

Cabot Stain (Brown Mahogany # 8134) applied with a small paintbrush by hand for the dark background areas

Applied MinWax Stain (Golden Pecan # 245) over everything when the background stain was dry.

Four coats of MinWax water-based Satin polycrylic, spot-sanding some areas with 400-grit wet/dry sandpaper between coats.

NOTE: Sorry I'm a little late posting the details on this latest POM - main computer hard disk crashed about two weeks ago - we had file backups on our external drive, but had to reinstall all programs, plugins, hardware drivers, etc. etc - will be several weeks more before totally back to normal!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finished_Corner_Shelf_450x600.jpg   Corner_Shelf_Bottom_View_450x541.jpg  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Sorry to hear of your hard drive problems, hopefully all will reinstall with minimal problems.

Thank you again for providing the information for the upcoming POM. It is very helpful to have board sizes and supplies so we may organize our potentially limited time.

Keep up the good work!!!!
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Michael....is there a page 4 in the new Baroque Corner Shelf tutorial? The file I received has page 4 missing and when quickly reading over the instructions it seems some of the steps might be missing.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    Michael....is there a page 4 in the new Baroque Corner Shelf tutorial? The file I received has page 4 missing and when quickly reading over the instructions it seems some of the steps might be missing.
    Hi Sharon,

Yes, there should be a page 4.

There are a total of 6 pages in the PDF instructions (the last page is simply the Resource page). Five of the pages are the actual instructions for the project. Can you please email me the pdf you received via our CarveBuddy email?

I just checked the master files that were sent to CarveWright and they are perfectly fine, but I would like to see what you have in case something went awry with the pdf during your download and/or compiling. (To avoid any further delay for you, I'll be happy to email you the pdf if yours is not complete.)

It is my pleasure to help.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default POM missing pages & version problem

Just downloaded and activated August POM. Adobe loses page 2 & 4 and also wants to download "missing Korean font" when accessing pdf.

I am running version 1.15 but mpcs won't load saying they were written in latter version.

Herb

Default POM Missing pages

I didn't pages 2 & 4 either. I got the Korean font question also??

Same here running 1.150 it will not load the pats and as the others on the PDFs

Hey Michael did you move to Korea or just get the HD from there.lol It is going to be a nice project and many thanks for getting it out so early

Michael....It's 10:30 pacific time so know you have already given up for the night. I'm not sure how to e-mail you the file as it doesn't want to copy and paste. I hadn't tried to up load the patterns until I saw the post by Hess and I too can not upload them. It says the patterns were made in a newer format...and I have 1.150.

Cool same here

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    Michael....It's 10:30 pacific time so know you have already given up for the night. I'm not sure how to e-mail you the file as it doesn't want to copy and paste. I hadn't tried to up load the patterns until I saw the post by Hess and I too can not upload them. It says the patterns were made in a newer format...and I have 1.150.
    I also can;t open the new progect

I am also experiencing all the of the syptoms described below in reagards to the POM. I tried to upload the pdf to this forum, but it is larger than allowed for attachemments. I am aslo running designer 1.15 and cant open the files.

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast