Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken bits @#%#&#

Default Dont use 1.134

do what i did and dont use 1.134, I will only use 1.120. Had horrible luck with all aspects of 1.130 and above.
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

Quote Originally Posted by newcarver View Post
    do what i did and dont use 1.134, I will only use 1.120. Had horrible luck with all aspects of 1.130 and above.
    I had no problems cutting full-pass 3/4" Select Pine all the way up through version 1.132. I never updated to 1.134, but went straight into 1.150. Just did a project yesterday with 28"x9" irregular outline cutouts (full-pass) on two boards. No problem.

It sounds like Bagpiper is doing everything right as far as his end of things. One more thing to check...make sure the outfeed trays are adjusted exactly flat with the bottom of the board. When I run projects 36" or less with 3/4" stock, I lower the outfeeds so they don't touch the board at all. I have even "pushed my luck" and ran a few projects that were 4 feet in length without the outfeeds touching the board.

I had a customer call me about a year ago - he had z-errors and was breaking cutting bits fairly regularly. Took about three phone conversations before I thought of the outfeed trays. He lowered them out of the way - that seemed to fix his problem. Apparently the board was being "bumped" and was the cause of both issues.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Well, I will check the outfeed trays tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure they don't quite touch,and someone said to check the y and z servo motor encoder disk so I'll do that also. As for my pattern optimization it is set at (best). I may need to change my firmware I guess? I also e-mailed LHR support. I think I will order a rock chuck also.

Thanks all

I may need to change my firmware I guess?

1. you could try to drop back to 1.113. or try 1.150
    2. change the max pass setting to .50" on all cuts.
    3. check any design that you run even if its a commercial patten you could need adjust it for the type of wood used.

max depth passes for 1/8" cutting bit

soft pine .50"
    hard maple .30"
    soft maple .50"
    oak .30"
    hard pine .50"

LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-30-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Ok, the y and z servo encoder disk is secure and centered on the axle. The outfeed tables are 1/8 below the work surface. I checked the chuck system and how I was installing the bits and it seems fine, I ordered a rock chuck with 2 extra square drive adapters, and I guess I will change my firmware to 1.150? anybody else have an idea?

Thanks all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12