Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cut motor stops during carve

Default C1 Capacitor

Thanks Dan,
    I will pull the bottom off and check that. I was hoping for a return call from LHR but I am sure they are busy.

Thanks
    Jeff

Jeff Corder

Thanks for posting the link to a past post on the C1. Was painting signs last night until 3:30 AM. Deliver Day today and Visit the VA Doc for my 6 month tune up so I am just catching up.

I don't have any good brushes to measure but I did search Carbon Brush companies last year but couldn't find a match..... I have ordered the brushes from LHR in the past. Don't remember the price.....

AL

Here are some posts that are a year old or older on the cut motor. http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...+motor+brushes
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-28-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al thanks for the response. I know the late night thing and it sure catches up more than it did a few years ago. Hope the checkup went well. When LHR calls, I will try and get an idea of the length the brushes should be, these seemed pretty long, but then again, not sure how long they are new. If I find an answer to that, I will be sure and post it.

Thanks again
    Jeff

Jeff Corder

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I was having a NO Start or NO Spin Up after Bit Change.... I would lift the lid and thump on the top of the Cut Motor to help the brushes.... Would run just fine for another hour.... Same again....

Today I changed the brushes and that took care of the problem. Did a clean and lube on the machine and it ran GREAT.... Was the last set of brushes... Need to order more... About 250 hours on a set of brushes. I have a whole jar of short brushes...

The Brushes have a Tether and that is why the problem, the brush can't reach the commutator.

Right Cover Switch could be dirty or the C1 Cap is loose on the X Termination Board.

AL
    Al you were right on with the cover switch. The lid is not keeping it compressed. So until I get a chance to get a new switch or try and reposition this one, I just put a piece of tape on the tip of the cover portion that holds it in to make it a bit longer and it seems to have taken care of the problem.

I also spoke with LHR and that was the first thing they came up with as well...You and Robert at support were on the same page!

Thanks again
    Jeff

Jeff Corder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12