Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern Editor

Thumbs up Pattern Editor

does anyone have the Pattern Editor and how does it work and is it good think you bernie

I think most of the 'heavy' users have the editor either from buying a probe or as a standalone. If you want to be able to import pictures/images and be able to clean up the product having the editor is a must. Even using a photo program such as Corel I find that when I import the image I still can see flaws and the ability to raise/lower the image along with other filter options make it an essential tool. If you never plan on creating any patterns and will be happy using what you find then you won't need it, your choice.
    Happy carving, Rick H.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    .....Even using a photo program such as Corel I find that when I import the image I still can see flaws and the ability to raise/lower the image along with other filter options make it an essential tool. If you never plan on creating any patterns and will be happy using what you find then you won't need it, your choice.
    Happy carving, Rick H.
    I have noticed that. I tried it on a sign design I was playing around with just for practice. The photo took me hours to look half way decent. Take a look at it in the "...Signs and Plaques..." forum and you will see what difficulties I was having. I dodged and burned but without results. I finally gave up and posted it in the hopes someone would tell me how to do it better. So far no takers. I'm going to have to get the probe and editor. Anything to make it more accurate and save time.

Default editor

I have tried to use the software, but i am one of those that need the book to show me how to use it instead of trying it to get the feel.
    Have they come out with a book yet?

Default Software

Quote Originally Posted by wasacop75 View Post
    I have tried to use the software, but i am one of those that need the book to show me how to use it instead of trying it to get the feel.
    Have they come out with a book yet?
    If you are talking about Editor, see if this gets you started.
    http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-...0an%20Item.zip

You'll fine lots more lessons and links in the "Download" portion of my signature.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

6. Default

Anyone that has the Pattern Editor software want to show us what it is capable of? Here are two attachments. One is the original image; the other is the results I get with Corel Photo Paint. I would be really interested in seeing the difference, providing someone has the time to show us.

I'd be very interested in the results before I buy the software.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Velociraptor_620.jpg   Velociraptor_sm.jpg  

No software will allow you to take a photograph and directly make a 3D relief out of it. There is no depth information to the photo. You would need a 3D modeling package to digitally 'sculpt' a 3D model based on the photo.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    No software will allow you to take a photograph and directly make a 3D relief out of it....... You would need a 3D modeling package to digitally 'sculpt' a 3D model based on the photo.
    Now I'm really confused. I got the impression that people were generating patterns from photos after a little manipulation in the Editor software. The Editor, according to some reports, generates a height map based on the color or gray values of the photo. So I need a 3d modeling software package? Are there any that are user friendly and fairly easy to learn? I'm perfectly capable of learning the ins and outs of a software package but I don't know if I want to take months or years to get up to speed with 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by William Blankenship View Post
    Now I'm really confused. I got the impression that people were generating patterns from photos after a little manipulation in the Editor software. The Editor, according to some reports, generates a height map based on the color or gray values of the photo. So I need a 3d modeling software package? Are there any that are user friendly and fairly easy to learn? I'm perfectly capable of learning the ins and outs of a software package but I don't know if I want to take months or years to get up to speed with 3D.
    From your earlier post with the pic attached, it looks like along the lines of a Lithpane.
    Do a search for Lithopane there's alot of info about them.
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by James RS View Post
    From your earlier post with the pic attached, it looks like along the lines of a Lithpane.
    Do a search for Lithopane there's alot of info about them.
    No, I was actually going to stain the fossil and surrounding sedimentary rock in natural colors. The frame I was going to stain in a walnut. This way it will look like a fossil framed and hanging on the wall.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast