Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pattern Editor

Hi Ron, You very well may be right. The bone structure in the appendages just don't match up.
    Plus some of the articles are rather vague, and just use a generic, or stock photos that they have.
    I'm no expert in that field at all, but I do know of stuff being mis-labeled, it does happen.

Just might be from Farther East.
    Last edited by Kenm810; 07-23-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by earlyrider View Post
    ....If there's a particular fossil you (or anyone else) wants a scan of, I might be able to provide it, as I get a handle on the laser stuff.....Western Paleontological Labs.
    Ron,

I don't have anything I can trade. All I have been able to find locally is a few Mosasaur fragments. I have one tooth and a tail bone which measures 1 1/2 inches. I have also found plenty of small sharks teeth, an ammonite or two and normal Cretaceous fauna typical to shallow sea environments.

I'd like to know what you have in a Velociraptor and/or T-Rex. How much would you charge me for something I can carve on my CarveWright.

The Web site looks great. I've enjoyed looking at it. I'm going to have to visit the museum. Do you allow photography? Some museums don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    Blender is free and will do about anything. There is another guy around here who even did a tutorial on how to use Blender for the CW. Personally I think that Blender has the goofiest, most backward user interface ever devised, even the load/save file dialog is very obtuse. I gave up trying to learn it.

I like to use Moment of Inspiration, moi3d.com, it is easy to use and the interface makes it very easy to understand. It does not export height-maps, it does export STL though so you can import STL files into Designer if you have the new STL add-on.
    Jeff,

I'm sort of on the verge with Blender as well. Agree that the interface is a##backwards. The moi you mentioned does it have a good set of tutorials (pdfs work better for me). Have to decide which way I'm going to go with one of these packages soon.

Thanx,
    Dan

Default Velo and Tyrant

William,
    My friends at Black Hills Institute have a cast of the Veloceraptor skull available, and scale models of Tyrannosaurus and others (skulls and skeletons). Google them, they've got a great site also.
    As far as my stuff, eventually, I'll have the skulls of Ceratosaurus, Camarasaurus, Triceratops, Diplodocus, and a lowly mammal, Brontops scanned in, all from models I've made using the originals as reference.
    Ron
    Photos are recommended!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by earlyrider View Post
    William,
    My friends at Black Hills Institute have a cast of the Veloceraptor skull available, and scale models of Tyrannosaurus and others (skulls and skeletons). Google them, they've got a great site also.
    As far as my stuff, eventually, I'll have the skulls of Ceratosaurus, Camarasaurus, Triceratops, Diplodocus, and a lowly mammal, Brontops scanned in, all from models I've made using the originals as reference.
    Ron
    Photos are recommended!
    Nice skull at a great price. I put this on my want list. As far as your stuff, you would be willing to share these?

Default Skull models

Once I am competent with the laser scanning and the modeling programs (to get the detail I think is necessary), then I will make them available. Hopefully the competence I seek won't take the rest of my life to achieve!
    Ron

Default Pattern Editor

can anyone tell me how to use the Pattern Editor on a pic and what can I do to it thank you bernie

Default Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    can anyone tell me how to use the Pattern Editor on a pic and what can I do to it thank you bernie
    Issue # 11 may give you some clues.
    AskBud
    http://carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Cool A Monkeys Great, Great, Uncle, and maybe Ours too

Here's one from an article on the web that I ran across the other Day.

A small, lemur-like creature may have been an early ancestor of monkeys, apes, and humans.
    A magnificently preserved fossil dating from 47 million years ago reveals an animal that had,
    among other things, opposable thumbs, similar to humans’ and unlike those found on other modern mammals.
    It has fingernails instead of claws. And scientists say they believe there is evidence it was able to walk on its hind legs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Earliest Opposable Thumb Found 12a.jpg   Earilest Opposable Thumb Found 11a.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default Swinging from trees

Well, now he might be an ancestor to a monkey but if my ancestors swung from trees it was by their neck... LOL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast