Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.50 Problem?

Question 1.50 Problem?

Has anyone tried to carve corian with 1.50?
    I have tried several projects with the same result, Y axis stall
    Everything loads just fine, until the actual carve starts.
    The first cut from right to left is fine except it is definitely deeper than Ver 1.34 cut.
    The second cut from left to right is so deep that it causes the bit to chatter and cable to bounce. It usually only makes it about 2/3 across cut before stopping.
    The third cut is from where it stopped on cut 2 to the left until it cuts off the corian, into the sled and stalls against the left side of machine.
    If I leave the sled in machine and load same project in Ver 1.34 it carves just fine.
    I have two machines and both do the same thing.
    So far I have formatted two cards both still do same thing.
    Cleaned the Z Motor encoder, then replaced Z Motor.
    Changed the Z truck assembly
    Changed to Rock Chuck
    I have talked to LHR and they are checking into it.
    If anyone has carved corian successfully please let me know
    Thanks
    Dustyshop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WOH3.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why would Corian carve any different than wood?
    The machine doesn't know the difference.
    It seems logical that you have a setting in the software wrong. Just my guess.
    how about your decimal points? in depth.
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Default Y axis stall

Sounds to me like the continuation of the problems in 1.132-4 where the firmware attempts to determine whether or not there is a problem by noting the added energy necessary to do something. Good idea if it had an accurate knowledge of all the parameters like density of the material, difference in Z height from the base-line etc. etc. The problem is/was that those parameters don't seem to be included or sought.

Just my thoughts, maybe that is not the problem. Although, I did not see those corrections in their noted bug-fix for 1.150.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

sounds like there is no feather added. Harder material would need to be feathered down to the depth gradually. Also I think there has been a recommendation of only carving about .125 deep in corian.
    just my thoughts later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Default Corian v/s wood

LHR knows, and states, that there is a great difference between Corian and wood. They should, also, recognize that some woods may be much harder than others as well. I would think this would be a good reason to place an option in the software to control the speed of travel, which may just save/lessen breakage of bits and other parts. Depth of cut per pass is one step in the right direction, Best and Optimum is another, but we could use more speed of travel control as well.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I have had the same problem and so has JWheeler (see http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=12008) Are you carving draft, normal, best, or optimal? We had the problem on best. I thought the problem was fixed in 1.150. Be careful, besides shifting the y axis or stalling, the bit can be pulled out of the QC and broken or worse.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I have had the same problem and so has JWheeler (see http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=12008) Are you carving draft, normal, best, or optimal? We had the problem on best. I thought the problem was fixed in 1.150. Be careful, besides shifting the y axis or stalling, the bit can be pulled out of the QC and broken or worse.
    I experienced this exact problem carving in hard walnut yesterday, working at best setting with 1.15.

Noticed also in the options there are setting for max depth of carve and also for cutting. You can set .125, .25, .5, full. Never noticed that before. Anyone else?
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Do you mean max depth for carve a region or max depth for a raster carve? I cannot find any way to control the depth of raster carve passes. The only option I see is when you select a bit to carve a region or cut a path. When you select the raster carving bit (board settings) there is no option.

9. Default

I haven't really explored those options yet as I just saw that they existed while looking for something else. Those are in the options on the machine itself, not project designer.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Aha. I just checked it out. press 0 then 5 then 6 and get

1 - max pass for cut ops
    or
    2 - max pass for route ops.

I am pretty sure these are options in case you cut and route from the keypad. (Does anyone do this?) I don't think it has anything to do with raster carving - too bad. You had me going there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast