Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug in version 1.15

1. Default Bug in version 1.15

I noticed a bug in the raise/lower height window of the pattern editor v1.15, only the cursor works. The arrows don't work, nor direct entry with keypad.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

I noticed this 2 when trying to increase the thickness of a board in PE..

LG

I also think there is a problem with the board measuring. It gives an incorrect length of your board and wants to scale your pattern when there is nothing wrong with the length of your board.
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Try recalibrating your machine. There are instructions in the troubleshooting PDF thread (last post).
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

I will do that Jeff. But I am just wondering why when you do a manual measure by pressing #7, you get an accurate measure?
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

lots a information on that. Starting with the pressure of the table, slipping boards, warps, Al's use of tape and good old re calibration .

first check table pressure, I lift up on the board to see how much play is in the roller springs when first starting..

It gives an incorrect length of your board
    all sides? or just the length..
    LG
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-08-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Same board same setup will correctlly measure with the (7) button, where it won't in project mode.

4 seperste projects.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    lots a information on that. Starting with the pressure of the table, slipping boards, warps, Al's use of tape and good old re calibration .

first check table pressure, I lift up on the board to see how much play is in the roller springs when first starting..

all sides? or just the length..
    LG
    I appears to be only the length. And I am using the same sled I used when I had version 1.132 and I had no problems. I think it is the software, not me!!
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

I knew I should have waited! I have been on the road so I was hoping I did wait long enough. I just switched over and I want to know is this an issue a few are experiencing or is there a known problem(s)?

Alex, if you could help, please do!

Ike

I ran the same pattern this morning in a different sled, softer wood so the roller will catch better and I did not have a problem with the length this time. So I stand corrected on this problem.

But I do have another concern. Part of this new upgrade is a "Check board thickness". At least I do not ever remember this before. After it measures the board and you run through all your bit changes, it says it will now check the board thickness. Now it doesn't actually say that your board is not thick enough but it says that the "vector may top out", continue or abort?

The thickness of my board is exactly 1/2", not a CH less!! In my pattern I used the new "Pierce", but when it pierces, it does not go all the way through, it leaves a very thin "film" of wood that you have to remove manually. Now if my board is not thick enough (vector may top out) why does it not cut all the way through??

It would seem to me that if the software would "push" the wood up in thickness, it would not top out and it would cut all the way through. I think that LHR is so fearful that the Pierce will cause a problem when it goes through that they have done something in this "checking board thickness" procedure that results in the wrong height of the wood. I wonder if we can tell it that the wood is 7/16" instead of 1/2"??
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast