Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Front Loading Dust Collector Interest

Quote Originally Posted by rjustice View Post
    Guess what i do for a living Dan....

LOL...

Ron
    Some how I just can't type ROCK and

SUCKS in the same sentence...... That is right.... I knew Ron worked in Plastic for a living....

Ron is going to be very BUSY....

As an aftermarket collector I would not be concerned about LHR as this just adds to the reliability reducing the dust related failures and phone calls to LHR.

9 hour power outage after a hail storm yesterday, missed the action.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-08-2009 at 04:25 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Red face

I'm not sure how to say this "politically correct".... but if i am stepping on someones toes here, please let me know. I just answered one simple question about being a plastic injection mold maker/molder. It is not my intent to have anyone upset with me, and after i slept on it last night i thought i could be doing so.

So, here is a public apology if it is needed, and if anyone objects to me taking this on please let me know. Feel free to say so publicly in the forum, or if you wish you can email me or PM me.

Thanks guys!

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Default cause it don't need it

Quote Originally Posted by mabco12 View Post
    Anyone who could manufacture a new cover with a built in vacuum port could clean up with all the CarveWrights that are out there!! Why didn't they incorporate a port in their cover in the first place????
    just completed a 17 hour carve no dust collection at all on a 13" wide by 7' board. just let her rip and came back later. it just compresses the shaving onto the board as it rolls the board out. on 5" boards the sandpaper rolls most of it out.

now the fine dust does need attention if your going to stand by it while it carves for more than 30 minutes cause it gets on everything and will be in your lungs... not good.

Default Top Loading Dust Collector

I would be interested in 2.

I would be interested in a metal and a plastic version. I would not stop progress from a metal version.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I'm not sure how to say this "politically correct".... but if i am stepping on someones toes here, please let me know. I just answered one simple question about being a plastic injection mold maker/molder. It is not my intent to have anyone upset with me, and after i slept on it last night i thought i could be doing so.

So, here is a public apology if it is needed, and if anyone objects to me taking this on please let me know. Feel free to say so publicly in the forum, or if you wish you can email me or PM me.

Thanks guys!

Ron

At this time that would be between you and FWHarris, its called free enterprise. I dont think FW is at all upset with you probably kicking himself for not producing a model first to show everyone first though.

I think both you and FW put out some great work and Im sure he would appreciate your comments.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

Default rjustice

Ron,
    For my part, I'll say that I think there is room for a "ready made" Dust Collection/Vacuum product as well as free plans/ideas on the Forum and a Project in the CW store.

I think we all want to have and use a unit that will keep things running smoothly and be within our budget. The three avenues of availability seem to cover the options. Heaven knows, we have requested that LHR step up to the plate before we started our own intensive efforts.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Default My toes do not hurt!!!!

Thanks guys!

Ron
    Ron,

No issues with me what so ever. As "Badger" stated we are working in a free enterprise system and I am sure there are more than one way to suck the dust off the cat, so to speak! And yes I am maybe kicking myself a little bit!!

I know your reputation will be very hard to compete with but I really do not think that either one of us (or Bud) should back away from this idea. After all look how many are standing in line already!!

I have set up a poll on the CNC Guild forum http://http://cncartguild.forumotion...ert-t35.htm#94 to give me a rough count for those who might be interested..
    Last edited by fwharris; 07-08-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: added info
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    I am sure there are more than one way to suck the dust off the cat, .

lmao, ill have to give that a try to test my dust collection system.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    lmao, ill have to give that a try to test my dust collection system.
    On side note, our cat loves to have the sweeper hose ran over him...LOL... now with a 4" inlet, you could loose a cat, so be careful!..

On the serious side, thank you guys for the feedback and interest. I will start working through the process soon. I had a little different approach that i will share with the group once i get the part model done.

Happy Carving guys (and gals)

Ron
    To order the "Made in USA" Rock Chuck, and other custom tools and accessories I make for your CarveWright, see my website by clicking here -> http://www.cw-parts.com
    See a quick video of the new Rock Chuck in action here!
    Read up on QC Removal for stubborn chucks here
    See the Rock install video here
    You can also visit here for discussion content.
    Email me by clicking here

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast