Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Front Loading Dust Collector Interest

Default Front Loading Dust Collector Interest

OK... It worked for the ROCK, let's see if it could work for the Dust Collector.

Looking at the FWHarris Interpretation of a front loading dust collecting hood and his offer to let a sheet metal shop look at the hood to make a sheet metal version got me thinking.

How many would be interested in a professionally made metal collector?

I would be interested in 2 and possibly 3.... As my Ill fitting unit has it's flaws causing it to droop.... A better made collector would be very helpfully to me.

So let's hear it....

Who is interested in buying a professional unit for your CW?

I know I have not had the chip problems using my collector.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

It would be nice if someone was in the plastic injection molding business to take a look at this. Would be nice to see a clear top loading DC tray with port made with from a one piece molded part that fit like a glove.
    Last edited by PCW; 07-07-2009 at 05:43 PM.

i would like 2 if anyone comes up with a good plan

kendall
    no chips on the floor means no money in the bank

To all,,

I have a meeting set up for this Thursday morning with a fabrication shop to look at what I have and what they can do with it. Will post info when I have it.

Al,

We should have a good estimate of numbers by then hopefully so I can have a good idea of numbers to talk to them about..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Ok I'm going to chime in here, as this might help and might not. I remember seeing on youtube a person who made there own vaccuum molding press. what's this got to do with anything, well with the advent of the stl software couldn't a mold be made and some platsic bought and heated. Just a thought here's one I just did a quick search http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jOxhQ1lhV8

Jim
    Last edited by James RS; 07-07-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

James

That is how it's done on a small scale. We have a small company in my area call Romeo Engineering (3 miles away) and he make aftermarket parts for Corvettes. I am going to send him a link to this tread. I have been in his shop and seen the patterns and how it's done. I will invite him to comment on the subject. Hopefully he will respond here and take some questions on the possibilities.

Default Great idea!!

Anyone who could manufacture a new cover with a built in vacuum port could clean up with all the CarveWrights that are out there!! Why didn't they incorporate a port in their cover in the first place????
    Mabco12

Default Off set the port?

I think the vacuum port should be off set to the end away from the keypad, because that is the way the built-in blower pushes it and that is where, in my experience, it piles up the most. When money gets better I would probably buy one.
    Clint

I would take one if the cost is right

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast