Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mayan calendar

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Yep, sure can and yep, they will match. You will have about 1/16" "lip" along the edge where the pattern goes off the board, I just did a two-part sign measuring 53" long x 20" tall. I trimmed off the 1/16" "lip" with my tablesaw, no problem.

I think I will write a short article on the making of that sign for the JULY Tips and Tricks. (I know - it's August already - whew!)
    I'm going to try this on some scrap. This may just prove to be the answer to the slight variation I'm getting when I carve large signs.

I carved a 22.5" X 33 13/16" the other day and had just a slight variation. The way I have been doing it is in Corel Draw using the power clip feature. I place the original drawing in a rectangle, half the size. I position the half where I want it and export it to a PNG file. To get the other half I just edit the placement of the graphics in the power clip rectangle. I always seem to have some slight variation to overcome. I have learned how to plan for this and make the adjustments to the drawing.

This new method sounds like it is allot easier and I can't wait to try it. Hopefully this weekend I can, if I don't have some work I have to turn out. (you know....the honey do construction list)....<grin>.

Please do write the article. I would like to read a detail of how this works.
    Last edited by William Blankenship; 08-06-2009 at 04:05 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RayTrek View Post
    Hi William,

This has worked for me so far; I cut the roller support pieces out on a table saw.
    Here is the one that I did last week I wanted only the bottom and middle but made the pattern as big as three 11 ¼” boards this gave me the crop size of the pattern that I wanted
    Hope this helps.
    You can see the finished carve in red fir round post
    Have a great Day ~ Ray
    This is really cool!!!! I'm excited. For the longest time I thought I would never find a solution. I can't begin to tell you how much this is going to help me. If I can get this to work and I believe I can, I'll be able to carve some fancy borders back into my sign designs.

Bill....

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    Haven't tried it yet, but that makes perfect sense to me.

Seems that you could have problems of your boards aren't placed in the CW squarely, and your rip fence isn't square to the blade (?).
    It does to me, too. I plan on carving something just to see it work. My tablesaw is calibrated to my square perfectly so I won't worry about that. My sliding miter saw is the one I have to set just about every time I use that crazy thing. I'm thinking of constructing a different fence for the thing, like cut angle iron out of steel, drill matching holes in that and the machine base and bolt it on.
    Last edited by William Blankenship; 08-06-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Where can I find the mayan calender ptn? In the thread people mention that they are sharing it but can't find it. Is it for sale anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
    Where can I find the mayan calender ptn? In the thread people mention that they are sharing it but can't find it. Is it for sale anywhere?
    I have two patterns. The PTN's are too large to post, if you would like them PM me your e-nail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mayan-calendar DISP cw.jpg   mayan-calendar cw.jpg   mayan-calendar old cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Better hurry if you're going to carve one. They end in 2012 then they won't work anymore. <-insert smiley

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    I have two patterns. The PTN's are too large to post, if you would like them PM me your e-nail.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    Better hurry if you're going to carve one. They end in 2012 then they won't work anymore. <-insert smiley
    Yeah, but if THOSE people are right, we won't be here after that to even KNOW it's reached it's expiration date, now will we? Hmmm? That's it, if the worlds gonna end in another year or so, I'm going fishing. I can always carve in heaven, cause surely it wouldn't be heaven without CW's, right? <BIG smile!>

2012? There is a reason.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-mayan-calendar-cartoon.jpg   daykeeper_DISP+cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 06-08-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

That depends on whether it's a model "a" or a model "c" doesn't it? <-insert smiley here

Quote Originally Posted by dougmsbbs View Post
    I can always carve in heaven, cause surely it wouldn't be heaven without CW's, right? <BIG smile!>
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Are the ones posted about 5 posts ago by BJBethke the high quality patterns? If not would someone pm me them, please?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast