Thread: Designer 1.5 problem

Default Designer 1.5 problem

I add a pattern to my project but I can't grab the resizing/rotation (red, yellow, green dots) handles, it simply moves the entire project around the screen.

Never had this problem with previous versions.

EDIT: Apparently a bug as a restart of Designer now allows me to move and resize the pattern. Evidently selecting the select/rotate/zoom tool icons locks it into pan camera mode. Using the ctrl-right-click to rotate the project doesn't break it.

EDIT2: No way to delete this. I guess not using the program for months I have forgotten some things so the above is probably not accurate and there truly is no problem. So ignore what I posted...carry on
    Last edited by Amonaug; 07-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

I have two bugs to report with this new version 1.15.

First, it does not measure your board right when you first start a project. It insists that the board is shorter than it actually is (mine by 1/8"), wanting you to rescale. If you do a manual measure by pressing #7, it will properly measure your board and then use that measurement when you run your project.

Second, if you right-click your mouse in an empty area of your tool bars at the top of Designer a list of all the toolbars that you have running will pop up. But when you click on "Carve List" to turn it off, it will crash the program, causing your computer's display driver to crash, putting your computer into Windows Safe Mode. And from there you cannot shut your computer down the proper way. I had to push the off button to get my compter to reboot.

Time to go back to 1.132!!!!
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Default carve list

The carve list toggles off and on fine for me. (ver 1.150 and XP pro)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Alford View Post
    Second, if you right-click your mouse in an empty area of your tool bars at the top of Designer a list of all the toolbars that you have running will pop up. But when you click on "Carve List" to turn it off, it will crash the program, causing your computer's display driver to crash, putting your computer into Windows Safe Mode. And from there you cannot shut your computer down the proper way. I had to push the off button to get my compter to reboot.

Time to go back to 1.132!!!!
    Steve,

I have tried this multiple times on multiple computers and cannot duplicate it. Have you checked for video driver updates?
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

It did it twice in a row on me. But after I shut the computer down for the day and restarted it the next day, it will not do it again. Ain't that they way it goes!!
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

First, it does not measure your board right when you first start a project. It insists that the board is shorter than it actually is (mine by 1/8"), wanting you to rescale. If you do a manual measure by pressing #7, it will properly measure your board and then use that measurement when you run your project.
    just had a brain fart " i think i can say that" sometimes if your board is longer than the project it will stop making it seem that its wrong, like my shorty neck jig it stops early
    in the cycle it not it would jam up.. also the same board could be under size in x..

will the project only ask you to scale?

Sorry, I forget what other options it offers.

Something else I am finding is that it will not "center on the length". Every carve that I do is off a minimum of 1/4".
    Steven Alford
    Colorado Springs, CO
    V1.152

Do you have any plywood or MDF you could cut to 5.5 x 25 for a quick test?

LG