Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: close cover

Beautiful Boston Mountains of NW Arkansas

Default close cover

I have tried everything suggested and the cover switches appear to be working properly, but the machine stops about 1 second after starting. the troubleshooting manual says "If switch appears to work properly but fails during carving, please contact CarveWright for further assistance"

I have written, but no response so far.

Has anyone else experienced this, so they could lessen the shock of what the answer might cost?

Olin

Olin,

Your best bet is to call tech support instead of emailing them. They are often slow to respond to the email system...good luck...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Cover

Try holding the cover closed, as you start the machine. If it works properly, the switch may just moved out a bit. It could be the vibration makes the cover lift from the switch.
    Just a thought!
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Try holding the cover closed, as you start the machine. If it works properly, the switch may just moved out a bit. It could be the vibration makes the cover lift from the switch.
    Just a thought!
    AskBud
    Thanks Bud, but I've tried that. The cover switch activates when the cover is lifted by about 1 inch.

Olin

Cool

Olin,

The switch should activate nearly instantly
    (within a fraction of an inch at the most)
    It sound like the is hanging up on dust, chips or something.
    Try blowing it out with compressed air or a can of electric contact cleaner.
    As mention before it still might be a good idea to call LHR and speak to a tech.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05545 1a.jpg   Lubes%201 1a.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Another thing I found that was giving me a please close cover was the screw that goes in the top of the right side of the cover itself. This screw had come loose and allowed the cover to move which moved the arm that mashes the switch

Mine was doing the same thing and I found this by holding the lid and top down when I turned it on. When I removed my hand it would stop then I just happen to see the top move.

It does not tale much movement of the top to stop the machine.

When you find the problem Let us know. If it starts and then stops it sounds like something loose. Could be wrong

Good luck. I know how it can be

Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Olin,

As mention before it still might be a good idea to call LHR and speak to a tech.
    Wow you must have the good ones. Mine are all black and the wires come out the back and break

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Olin,

My panel checks and meter checks both indicate the switches are working. It just stops after 1 second.

On the other hand, I'm not sure the LHR techs are working. No email response. No callback response. No answering after long waits on long distance.

Olin

When you say "machine stops about 1 second after starting" do you mean cut motor stops?

Any chance of C1 capacitor worked loose. It is on a board under the bottom of the machine. Al has several post about the C1.

Default close cover

Quote Originally Posted by PCW View Post
    When you say "machine stops about 1 second after starting" do you mean cut motor stops?

Any chance of C1 capacitor worked loose. It is on a board under the bottom of the machine. Al has several post about the C1.
    We may be getting somewhere. I had just checked and the machine does all the preliminary measurements prior to cutting, but only when the cut motor starts to approach speed does the system stop (and say close cover, which would have stopped the measurement if the cover switch had been at fault.)

Olin

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast