Thread: Heavy Duty Traction Belt

Default Heavy Duty Traction Belt

Has anyone bought and installed the new heavy duty traction belt.
    If so, do you have to re adjust the height of the head? Or does anyone have instructions on installing and using the new belts?
    Thanks
    John

Thumbs up

I don't have them yet myself, But this might be it.

CarveWright_service_replace_rubber_drive_belt.pdf
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

John,
    I have had the new belts for about 6 months now. They seem bulletproof but there still is no warranty on them. Came with all instructions needed. Jim

Default Many Thanks

Ken and Jim,
    Thanks I think I have it now. The PDF file will help a lot. I should get the belts in the mail tomorrow, I hope.. Then I'll install them. I'll let you know how the install works out.
    I'm really tired of replacing the traction belts and Jim I really hope the heavy duty belts are bullet proof..
    Thanks again,
    John

John,

Be aware the brass roller may hit the front belt. I posted some info about the problems I was having after installing the rubber belts. I had to elongate the squaring plate hole to move the roller back just a tad. I went through all the calibration steps and did a successful 3 hour carve after that. Do a search for "rubber belts" if you haven't already and you will find some good info from the folks here. Good Luck.

Mark

Learn something new everyday...lol

didnt even know they had a new rubber belt out. Will have to order those for my 1st machine, rebuilding it to get it back up.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mfdchief View Post
    John,

Be aware the brass roller may hit the front belt. I posted some info about the problems I was having after installing the rubber belts. I had to elongate the squaring plate hole to move the roller back just a tad. I went through all the calibration steps and did a successful 3 hour carve after that. Do a search for "rubber belts" if you haven't already and you will find some good info from the folks here. Good Luck.

Mark
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm in the process of installing the new belts myself and have an issue with the brass roller assembly being too close to the back belt (plastic next to the brass roller touches the back belt), do you think that trick will help me? Or might something else be wrong?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have noticed that the newer board tracking assemblies have less plastic there where it could rub. If all else fails, trim some of the plastic off.

(Are you sure you have all the required spacers in place?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010391.JPG  
    Last edited by bergerud; 04-02-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: added pic