Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Axis Work... The Future of the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mathews View Post
    Chris is the file code for carving a project encrypted or can we open it up with notepad or some other program and perform evil diabolical things on it that LHR had never intended?

One of the great pleasures I have in working for New Wave is that we know what the machines are supposed to do, however, I have always been given the honor of pushing the envelope on what they might be able to do.

So far just a few broken bits and a couple of table fires! Nothing major!

When you understand what it is supposed to do, it is very easy to circumnavaigate the designers intent and make the machine do what you want it to do because the designer is often too involvled in the original concept to realize the full potential of something. I am willing to bet that they never even considered 4th axis when this machine was in R&D.
    Morning Guy,

It's compiled in the designer software and loaded to a memory card that goes in the machine. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to open it up and manipulate it. It's not like G-Code or other CNC languages in that sense.

Also, (not sure if you know this), the CW uses servo motors not steppers on all axis.

Believe me, I wish we could access the file to even look at it. The card reader/writer doesn't even show up as a drive on the system so we can't even see the file on the card. How's that for diabolical? LOL
    Last edited by ChrisAlb; 06-17-2009 at 05:59 AM.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

2. Default They said the world was flat...

Those evil guys!!!! Where there is a computer there is a 15 year old geek that can crack the files. Just look at the kid who cracked the Iphones.

They made this thing almost foolproof. Something had to write that file and something has to read that file.

The geeks will find out then look out.

Our CAMaster is servo motors as well.

WinCNC software and hardware to make it move.

I can't wait for you guys to come up here!!!

3. Default Walnut Corbels, The Movie!

Here is a little teaser for you guys. I know its not a CW, but the concept and the priciples apply to any machine. You are only limited by size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I5NKZkLuw0

Default Asking AskBud

Hey Bud I looked you up and the forum said you were in this thread.
    Need some help sir, I got my machine three weeks ago and have not gotten the first good carving off of it. It is a reconditioned compucarve and I think they forgot to recondition it before sending it to me. When I first got it, the cover switch would not let me start up. Changed that and then encountered Z axis problems. Turns out the chuck is bent or out of balance and the vibration caused the z belt clamp to become loose. Carvewright sent me a new chuck but the square tool that goes into the the top of the chuck shaft broke when I was trying to remove the chuck. I am starting to become very disappointed in my purchase. I've been reading in the forums for info and help and it appears that you are more experienced than most with the machine. What is the trick to getting the doggone chuck loose?
    Or Guy can you help me? I really am looking forward to doing some carving.
    Last edited by drwatkins; 06-19-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Not AskBud but this may help. http://www.carvespot.com/forum/read.php?3,440
    Ron also sells a good square bit tool.

Thanks PCW I'll check this out right now

Default Compucarve

Quote Originally Posted by drwatkins View Post
    Need some help sir, I got my machine three weeks ago and have not gotten the first good carving off of it. It is a reconditioned compucarve and I think they forgot to recondition it before sending it to me. When I first got it, the cover switch would not let me start up. Changed that and then encountered Z axis problems. Turns out the chuck is bent or out of balance and the vibration caused the z belt clamp to become loose. Carvewright sent me a new chuck but the square tool that goes into the the top of the chuck shaft broke when I was trying to remove the chuck. I am starting to become very disappointed in my purchase. I've been reading in the forums for info and help and it appears that you are more experienced than most with the machine. What is the trick to getting the doggone chuck loose?
    First, let me say that I'm not a Machine Fixer, I have the Sear's 5 year plan and have them do most of my repair.
    The magic word may be "Compucarve". I presume that you got the machine from Sear's. The reconditioned units should have a 6 month warranty. That being said, I would list the problems and take it back to Sear's repair and have them send it to Repair location #8047. They should take care of your problems in about 3 weeks. I find it much better than the need to order parts that "Might" solve my problem(s). They run a shot test prior to returning the unit. It's their time and $$$ rather than mine. If the can not fix it you get a new unit.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

8. Default Dr. Watkin...

Guy here, in reference to your last line of your problem...

"experienced than most with the machine. What is the trick to getting the doggone chuck loose?
    Or Guy can you help me? I really am looking forward to doing some carving."

I can help you out with larger CNC machines and 4th axis. I do not have a Carvewright. I was invited here by Al to help with 4th axis.

I wish you the best of luck but I am the wrong person to ask a CW question to.

Now if you want to talk Shopbot, CAMaster or Fanuc 10 Series controllers, well then, I just might know a little!

When you get it going, I can guarantee you are going to love the feeling you get when you see your imagination come to life in a beautifully grained piece of wood.

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by drwatkins View Post
    If I were you I would get the ROCK Chuck from Ron with the Wrenches and Square Bit. Since I believe your machine is still in warranty you might want to replace the QC with the QC supplied by LHR. Keep the Rock until the Warranty runs out. Ron's wrenches and bit are heavier.

I broke my Square Drive tips too..... 3 on one QC... Still never got it off.... Changed out the whole Z Truck. A referb Truck that LHR might have used red lock tite on.

You need to heat the QC with a small torch, I use a Crack torch that I use for making the Epoxy Fire Tags to pop the bubbles. A Hair Dryer will work but it takes a very long time to heat the QC to melt the lock tite.

If nothing else watch Ron's Video on how to remove the QC. You heat the QC where the wrench nut is. Protect the rubber Z Belt or it will melt.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default CNC 4th Axis at work

Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast