Thread: Won't start carving and leaves out parts of designs!

mhhaynes Guest

Default Won't start carving and leaves out parts of designs!

I just got my machine back after CW had it for 2 weeks upgrading several things. They tested it and sent it back and my first several carvings have had missing sections in them. Also, it continually gives me a back roller fault error and now it will measure fine then it will say "carving pattern" but the bit never starts, the board just slowly creeps through the rollers. Please Help!!! I have had constant problems since buying this machine I talk to the support people almost every week. I thought since they just worked on it and said it was fine that it might finally work right.

Quote Originally Posted by mhhaynes View Post
    I just got my machine back after CW had it for 2 weeks upgrading several things. They tested it and sent it back and my first several carvings have had missing sections in them. Also, it continually gives me a back roller fault error and now it will measure fine then it will say "carving pattern" but the bit never starts, the board just slowly creeps through the rollers. Please Help!!! I have had constant problems since buying this machine I talk to the support people almost every week. I thought since they just worked on it and said it was fine that it might finally work right.
    Hello,

Very sorry to hear about your problems. Perhaps a wiring harness came loose during shipping?? Call Tech Support and they will guide you over the phone for areas to check. Hopefully, you'll be up and running normally very soon!

All the Best...
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Have you checked the roller pressure with your bathroom scales (should be around 85 lbs), or also check to see that the sandpaper belts aren't overriding the edge and perhaps binding. This would give you an inconsistant movement of the board.
    Bob Hill