I finally got through a successful belt calibration sequence thanks once agin to the help found here. Thanks to Jeff Birt and LG for pointing out that the brass roller may be hitting the front belt. I had to apply the head pressure to the board to see it as it didn't look like it was hitting checking it with a small board on edge and piece of paper. My fix was a little different as I only elongated the rear squaring plate hole a little. The front hole is a little larger diameter and had a little built in "bonus tolerance" This gave me enough room so the roller can be pressed down by hand and it never hits the belt.

One issue I noticed however is that when I was asked to load the board measurments and entered the actual length and then the distance between the notches, the machine accepted the dinensions and returned me to the calibration menu which according to the intructions indicate a successful calibration. The directions then suggest having the machine measure the board as a test of the calibration. Upon doing that the machine measures the board .101" longer than it actually is. Seems to be off quite a bit to me. Any thoughts??

Thanks again for all who responded to my first post about this.

Mark