Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash Card unreadable (9) error

Default Flash Card unreadable (9) error

I've tried to accomplish my first carving with my Compucarve that I've had for about 2 years (long story). Everything was working fine, I loaded everything into the machine and it started carving for about 20 sec then stopped. It gave me this error message: "Flash Card unreadable (9). Please re-format your flash card and unload your project again". I tried this 2 times but get the same message after carving for 20 sec. Didn't know what (9) was, is it an error message and what does it mean? Also I was using 1.133 and have updated to 1.134 and tonight I'm goining to try again. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks for any help. I've sent LHR an e-mail but haven't heard anything back from them. Because of my work hours I'm unable to call them between 9am - 6pm.

Big Al

Get everything up to 1.134 for a start, and for good measures format the card.

Do you have the new Z Bundle? Cooling fins on the old Z are longer than the new Z.

You want the new Z Bundle, better Z reliability.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Big Al

To flash the card to 1.134 in Designer go to File/Flash Manager/Firmware. This will get everything up to 1.134 as Al stated. Card has to match the version of the software you are running.

Digitalwoodshop

Should we refer to you as Al or Al who?

AL Who?....
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

2 Al's meen a contest! Stand side by side and we will call the larger one Big Al and the other Smaller Al...

Steve
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Copy that, I've firmwareed and formatted after I uploaded the 1.134. Like I said I'm going to give it another try tonight after the Hockey game...........Go PENS !!!! Thanks guys I'll let you know the out come.

Big Al

Howabout "3000 Posts Al"? Like 2-sheds Jackson!
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by earlyrider View Post
    Howabout "3000 Posts Al"? Like 2-sheds Jackson!
    Ron
    That'll work! hehe

Steve
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Default Flashcard unreadable

Just tried the carving machine with no luck. Got the same message: "Flash Card unreadable (9). Please re-format your flash card and unload your project again". Although this time it ran for approx. 60 - 90 seconds before it stopped running. Don't know what to do. Should I get a new flash card, but I cant see spending $40 if it's not that. Was wanting to see what LHR support had to say but it's been 3 days since I e-mailed LHR Hardware and Software support and "NO REPLY" from them as of yet!!! Any suggestions ???

Big Al

Default email sucks

They take forever to reply to emails, Call them over and over if you have to. I'm thinking its not the card, might be one of the boards
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast