Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is your machine tempermental?

Default Has some build up in it

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthefrost View Post
    I just pulled the Y motor out. it has some build up in it. The thin plastic see thru front was coming open. Are those gears supposed to be lubed?
    I put a piece of clear tape over the clear cover to keep saw dust out. I have hear other use silicone as well.

Default gears

checked one of mine last week , the shaft was brock in half .

can't figure out how it would even run ?
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Default Thanks

Thanks to all who have answered. As I am working through my problem, I wanted it to be said. I didnt want to come off as a jerk in any of my posts. I have seen some on here who get an attitude, but they dont realize everyone on here is voluntarily helping. I just didnt want to be "that" person.

Lost,

No problem in your post to me..

One thing (good and bad) about the written or in this case the typed word is it is read only how you want to read it!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Thanks to all who have answered

I think I can speak for everyone here by saying that your question where fine.

Sometimes I think people visit the site right after a problem occurs with the machine without a having a cool down period but you can tell by all the help that they received what makes this board unique. They do all this for self gratification and the willingness to help each other and guide the new member through the hurdles.

This is the best place on web!!!

Al go to bed before someone here start a intervention for you. <smile>

Remove the C Clip on the back of the big gear. Look at the Bushing and shaft of the big gear. Is there slop, will it wobble? Is the bushing worn?...

This shaft on the big gear was worn. It was SLOPPY.... Used a old Z Motor Gear box to fix it.

I see this bearing to someday be roller bearings. TOO much stress on the sleeve.

I also add the back of the C Clip and shaft of the Y gear box to my lube list with 3 in one oil.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07751_WEB.jpg   DSC07752_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    this is a good sign the the pressure of the rollers are two tight or two loose and the board could be warped
    or the fence is a little tight even a bad transport gear.

as a test put the same board in the Carvewright and see if it will measure a few time on it own. "07" if it skips
    look above. if it spits out of the unit you have a dirty infeed/outfeed switch.

LG

Well, I spoke to LHR on Friday and it was actually the belt tension on the Y Axis was too lose. I will have to add a lock washer to the tension screw that secures the tension plate. The previous owner must have not put it back on. On my original CW, the Z Axis broke in half and the chuck broke into pieces, I ordered all the parts over night and installed all of them. Now I have two machines that were working. Now on my CW I am getting a back roller stuck error message or something like that. I will call LHR on Tuesday to figure that one out I already took the sandpaper rollers out and checked them and I also checked the compression rollers. So I will ask for some help.
    Ed Smith
    A WoodSmith
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ

Back roller has a switch on the keyboard side. Blowing air and pushing the roller up and down helps get the sawdust out that is causing the switch to stick. You can carefully remove the keypad side to get access to both switches and clean the area. The switches can get sawdust inside them. They open and can be cleaned they say.... I have not had my Keypad side off of any of my 3 machines.

Use Options to monitor the switch, released / compressed.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default I can't believe this

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I have not had my Keypad side off of any of my 3 machines.

AL
    Did I read that right??? Al has not had his machine completely apart???
    You've got to be kidding Al.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123