Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scanning probe for sale

Quote Originally Posted by gashawk View Post
    Will the software with one prob work with multiples?
    The software for the probe is the Pattern Editor. The software is not tided to any one probe. You need the license to make it work in you computer. It is used to upload and download the data from your CW memory card.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

BJ,

You've been around a while so I'm going to dump this on you: Do you understand the logic of not allowing OWNERS of the Pattern Editor to give or sell ownership to another. Without the PE, the probe is useless.

Chief

Logic? ==== $$$$$$$$$$

Want2b

want2b,

You're probably right. Greed is one of the most powerful emotions. Unfortunately it pops up its ugly head often.

Chief

Here is another reason maybe no one cares? But the software is also sold separately! Like the bits and bit holder you can't use the bits in a QC with out the bit holders. Yet you are able to buy the bits without the holders and the holders without the bits!

I told you before I bought a probe with used software and the seller was a good guy and gave me the probe and the money back. I had to buy the software and I have never used the probe, but used the pattern editor quite often!

Ike

If you buy a used machine from that has been registered you can transfer the software. One without the other in either case is worthless, so why not allow a purchaser to resell the probe w/software if not being used.
    Want2b

I kind of like dumps, but it is a LHR problem. It is like Photoshop the owners want to keep there incense to an owner controlled commuter. (You could sell your computer. That may work???)... If this guy is trying to sell this program.... he does not have the license to sell it. It would be up to LHR to honor the exchange… It my not hurt to ask LHR to do that, but the person that is selling this may need to convince LHR that the program is destroyed on his computer, good luck..

This reply was in reference to post 12.
    Last edited by bjbethke; 12-04-2009 at 12:26 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

You can however warranty the prob out, If it does not work, and you will get new unopened software and probe and sell that. I did that with one of my probes.

ScottS
    ScottS
    where the computer and chainsaw collide.
    www.chainsawartonline.com

Scott,

Could you please rephrase that? How did you "warranty" the probe out?

Chief

Default Software Transfer of Ownership

Hey All,
    FYI I have spoken with Adobe about Photoshop and Illustrator and their licenses are transferable. They offer a form which both parties sign transferring ownership from one individual to the other, much like a car title transfer. In the event the previous owner continues to use the old software, it will not accept any updates once license is transferred to new owners. Maybe this might be an example for LHR to consider.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12